Error code 80070570 when installing

Reaction score
I purchased the Home Premium version of Windows 7 from TigerDirect.com; I don't know enough to download the installation! I have tried everything I know (which admittedly is next to nothing) and keep getting the above error message when installation reaches the part where it's unpacking/expanding the files. I'm upgrading from Vista, uninstalled all the recommended programs to be removed before installing Windows 7 and I still keep getting that error message. Help! (And I don't understand techspeak -- real plain English works best! Think this: you're talking to a dummy!)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just checking, is the installation DVD a physical copy that got delivered? The reason I ask is that I have seen installs fail with code 80070570 when an ISO has been downloaded and burnt incorrectly.

Is a clean install a possibility, or do you need to do an upgrade install?

I would also try testing your memory using http://www.memtest.org/ if this problem persists with a clean install.

Reaction score
Hi Ian:

Thank you for the post. Yes, it was a physical DVD that I purchased and not a download. It's an upgrade version, so I don't believe I can do a clean installation. I've contacted the vendor and have to send it back and wait for a replacement. I don't think I have to bother with the memory test since I'm doing an upgrade.

Thanks again; I really appreciate the response!

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi domenica

How much Ram do you have on this Computer (if its more then 2GB) take some out to drop to 2GB, Error Code 0x80070570 is often hardware incompatibility (namely Ram) when you have installed Windows 7 you can put back the Ram :)

And remember to earth your self (leave the mains lead in and touch the metal on the Power Supply) to earth your body static.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's an upgrade version, so I don't believe I can do a clean installation
Yes you can do a clean install. Please read the following:

Here's what you do. Insert the Windows 7 Upgrade DVD in your PC's optical disc, reboot the computer, boot off the DVD, and then follow the steps to install Windows 7. If you are installing onto a computer that already has another version of Windows, be sure to back everything up first. Do not attempt to install Windows 7 to the same partition as a previous Windows version. Do not provide your product key during Setup.
After Windows 7 is set up, run Windows Update, download any pending updates, reboot as needed, and repeat until there are no more updates. Then, type activate in Start Menu Search to bring up the Activate Windows utility. Type in your product key and attempt to activate Windows.
If it works, you're all set. You're done

If the above doesn't work go here for Methods 2 or 3 for activation. These have worked for many people. Most are having success on Method 1.

Let us know how this works out for you so others may use these methods on Upgrade Only disks.

Reaction score
Hi

I am having the same issue.

I am trying to install windows 7 using a disc i brought from microsoft. I am currently using XP.

I have ram memtest and it showed that there were no errors with my ram (i am currently running only 2GB)

The upgrade advisor said that my system was compatible yet when it attempts to extract the installation files it only gets to 27% and then the error appears.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question