SOLVED EPSON SCANNER and Windows 7

Reaction score
Help .....I have an EPSON STYLUS Photo RX560 bought last July.
I recently bought a laptop with Windows 7 and the scanner element of the printer won't work. The other functions seem ok but the sanner facility is really important to me. What can I do?

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a laptop with Windows 7 and the scanner element of the printer won't work. The other functions seem ok but the sanner facility is really important to me. What can I do?
Did any software come with it? That sould solve the problem.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Sir, are you saying that the scanner function is not working at all? The light bar does not move back and forth plus lighting up?

The RX560 must be a European product as it does not show up on the US website.

The following is a driver listing for the unit you mentioned. These are Vista drivers and they should work okay in Windows 7

Epson Stylus Photo RX560

Software name: Scan Driver

Version: 3.0u

File Size:19.07Mb (20001280 bytes)

Released:13 Feb 2007

Uploaded:05 Jun 2007

Views:614

Downloads:145

Go Here: http://driverscollection.com/?H=Stylus Photo RX560&By=Epson&SS=Windows Vista 64-bit

Reaction score
Epson Stylus Photo RX560

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. It is clear that you know a huge amount about this topic and I am a complete ignoramus. I bought my Epson printer in Spain(where I live) last July. When I recently bought a new laptop (Acer Aspire 5542) in the UK,brought it home to Spain and loaded the printer software and everything works EXCEPT the scanner. When I select scanner from the quick launch icon on the desktop nothing happens. I went into the Epson website to look for help and it suggested changing the TWAIN setting to a new one. I unistalled the EPSON software tried changing the TWAIN setting to TEAIN_32_old and reinstalled. It didn't work...... but I will try again. After 8 hours of installing and reinstalling I was not at my best.
I must explain...I have no idea what a TWAIN is . I am a 57 year old woman who knows next to nothing about this subject.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
wikipedia is an ignoramus's best friend "TWAIN is a standard ... programming interface ... that regulates communication between software applications and imaging devices such as scanners and digital cameras." Figuratively speaking your scanner speaks Spanish and your computer speaks English and the Twain driver is the bilingual translator.

Make sure you have the latest driver for the OS you are using. If you are running 32-bit Windows then you need a 32-bit driver, 64-bit OS needs 64-bit drivers. Always create a restore point before installing new drivers...

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3195/create-a-system-restore-point-in-windows-7/

If you don't get it fixed please mention if you are running 32 or 64-bit?

And on that drivers page it offers software to scan for the right drivers. Always be wary of such software as sometimes they are malware installing bad things on your machine but most are likely to recommend a few incorrect drivers (at which point you may be needing that restore point to fix your computer).

Reaction score
drivers

I have Windows 7 64 bit os ...I rang Epson and asked if they had a driver for Windows 7 to download. They do and I downloaded the 64 bit version but obviously didn't do something right or did something wrong. I have been trying to sort this since 4pm yesterday afternoon I went to bed at 1am with it unresolved then up again at 8 this morning. It is noon now and whereas before I had a printer than would print but not scan now I have a printer that won't do either. I don't know whether to laugh, cry or be sick!
In utter desperation I have rung a computer engineer to come and help me. As much as it grieves me, I have thrown in the towel, hoisted my white flag and totally surrendered.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Please come back and let us know how the tech resolves it. Maybe your reply will help someone else.

Reaction score
EPSON Stylus Photo RX560

My Printer/scanner is now working. Thank you to all who offered help and advice.
I went to epson-europe.com/SupportHome entered details of my printer and clicked on drivers. I downloaded the driver they have produced for my printer for Windows 7 64bit os and followed the instructions. I had neglected to select the version for a USB and also neglected to set new default. The computer engineer sorted that, tested the printer and scanner ....he was 15 minutes and charged €20. Since I had spent 13 hours and a lot of tears .....it was money well spent.

He also gave me valuable advice about laptops in general and my wireless mouse. The thing is you don't know unless someone tells you!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it up and working through the services of the tech. Twenty Euros is a small price to pay for the fix, IMHO.

Now about those tapas and sherry... :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What was the "valuable advice about laptops in general and [your] wireless mouse"?

JGO

Reaction score
This is a repeat of Suenay's program with the complication that I've only had 10 days with Win7 64 Pro SP1 on a new computer, trying to migrate programs from XP SP3 hardware.95% are OK, but not the RX560, which I've had since 2007. Progress on the Win7learning curve is slow as I'm not a slip of a girl like Suenay ! OTOH I have been using windows since v 3. Espon directed me to driver file Epson31782eu.exe but that didn't fix the scanner when installed as below although printer is OK. It seems to indicate that there is a problem with an out of date certificate for the TWAIN32 files. When I queried this result they said the scanner is not compatible with Win7? (I did earlier get scan to work OK but it didn't survive a re-boot) Please can someone be very kind and sort out what I.m doing wrong := 1 I take it that if Properties | Compatibility of the driver file are set to "XP compatible mode", the program should be OK on Win7 ? 2 I installed by i) Delete existing Epson directories ii) Run the Epson RX560 CD and install scan, print and manual in turn. iii) Run Epson31782eu.exe Is this correct ? in particular should I also delete all TwaIN32 FILES ? TIA JGO

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
JGO, This is a very old thread.

You should download the newer version, version 2.32.00 from 16 Nov 2012; it will be program Epson373260eu.exe

I don't see any instructions with it so just run Epson373260eu.exe and see what happens.

JGO

Reaction score
Thanks for that Trainable Man. This being a hodiday I took a rest for a day or so, before I use your suggestion and report back. BUT I've just verrified that there is a workround for anyone who gets frustrated 'cos they need it NOW !. Using the much more comprehensive book on using the RX560 WITOUT a computer, scan to a memory card and then read the scanned image into the computer. The range of resolution is more limited but it works !.

JGO

Reaction score
Sorry to say the '373260 file seems to install just the "Easy Photo Print" utility - ( yes I think 35M is a lot for that too) So unless someone can come up with the secret I'm stuck with the workround ! JGO

Ask a Question