SOLVED Epson Perfection 2400 scanner & W7 problem

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Perfection 2400 scanner that works great on my old computer running XP.
I tried to install it on my new W7 computer (it is compatible) but no luck. I needed a W7 driver. I went to http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp? then to the
W7 support page http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportWindows7.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes and downloaded the driver.

The installation instructions for the scanner said I needed to install the software BEFORE I plugged in the scanner to USB on computer. I then went back and uninstalled the scanner, tried the setup I got from the W7 site, then reinstalled the software of the scanner. No luck.

I don't know where or how to get the W7 driver to work. I tried the trouble shooter and it says there is no driver. I am running 32 bit W7. Thanks for any advice.
Patti:confused:

Reaction score
Patti, try searching for a Vista driver. That's the advice I've heard given to people to try when they cannot find a win7 driver.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The driver listed is Windows 7 compatible. Point your scanner driver update to folder that begins with C:\EPSON\epson12180 and that should do it for you.

Reaction score
Thanks. My original message was in error. My scanner is an Epson Perfection 1260 and Epson Perfection 1660 Photo.

I have tried to install it on W7. I uninstalled everything I could find relating to Epson on W7, went to the Epson support page and downloaded the 12242.exe for the 1260 scanner driver. I then put in my original scanner software, then plugged in the power cord and then the USB cord as instructed. W7 still asks for a driver.

I am not good at this and have spent hours and hours on it. I get too confused unless I have step by step instructions. Sorry. Shall I call in a engineer?
Patti
ps I do not think I am replying correctly we shall see.

Reaction score
Thanks to all who tried to help. I may have been trying to download the driver incorrectly. Anyway, I tried again and when it asked if I wanted to run or save - I clicked save, it then downloaded. I clicked the scanner Smart Panel to get it to start and it said "installing driver". It did so and started working!!!

What a hassle. Thanks again.
Patti

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well at least you've now learned how driver installation works and the procedures involved.

Glad to see you got it working now!

Ask a Question