Empire total War & others will not install

Reaction score
Greetings and thanks,

I have been having problems installing programs. Most any one I try to be honest. I've tried running the compatbility trouble shooting to no avail. Many of these have run on my old XP platform. An example is 'Empire Total War' I had this error message attached below.

Here's my system stats.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Please, please help. I'm running 64bit windows 7 as a clean install on a new 500GB SATA drive, should i have installed 32bit? This is really getting me down.

Thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
No answers, but I can sympathize

I can't offer any answers, since I am here for the same reasons as you, but I can add that I was able to install Medieval Total War II, but not the Kingdoms expansion. The same goes for about 3/4s of my games, including classics like the old Battlefront and Battlefield games. I've tried installing them to an XP installation in VirtualBox, but to no avail.

Hopefully someone who understands these things better than I can guide us!

Reaction score
Thanks Ferg, its nice to know I'm not the only one lol. If this is a fairly common prob as you I hope we can get some help.

Reaction score
hiya

i would suggest running the setup.exe in compatabilty mode for windows xp SP3 as i had the same problem installing that game i did that and it worked no problems

from mattym1985

Reaction score
Thanks Matty but as you can see above I run compatability mode and still no good. It's got to the stage where i cannot even install drivers off CD/DVD or any software for that matter.

I think I'm going to downgrade to 32bit Win7, because this is getting silly, I can't run any programs!! Whats the point of a spanking system with 64bit Win7 when nothing will install and run? I'm losing faith with Win7, XP was much better.

Ask a Question