emails not showing up

Reaction score
A customer jsut gave me a call about this issue he was having with Microsoft Outlook that I had installed on his machine, but never setup the email account since he didn't have that info at the time. He was saying that when he sends or receives a message, they don't end up in his inbox or sent items folder. The only way that he knows he's receiving emails is that they give him a call and ask if he got it. He's a pastor at a church so they send emails within the building to each other. I have never seen or heard of this before, anybody have any ideas of what this could be?

Oh and he's on a Dell Dimension desktop brand new from Best Buy, and it's Office 2010.

Reaction score
There is a setting that can be made to save sent emails in the sent folder. This setting must be turned off, if the sent messages are not saved in this folder.

The only way I know of to send Email and receive a copy so you know it was sent, is to send yourself a Copy, Carbon Copy (CC), or Blind Carbon Copy (BCC).

Reaction score
Thanks for responding, have any idea where this sent setting might be? Have any idea what the whole inbox thing might be about?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I run Outlook 2007, not 2010, but it should be similar...
SaveSent.jpg

While you are in the Email Options click Advanced Email Options and from there you will see it has 3 different options to notify him when new messages arrive. Outlook may need to be running (even if it is minimized); I do not know that I have ever seen these messages but I don't keep mine running thus the reason I mention it.

Personally I prefer to run an app called Pop Peeper that goes out and scans all my email accounts every 10 minutes (time delay is user set) because it checks my hotmail accounts as well as my ISP POPmail account and it displays an icon in the notification area as well as plays a wav file I have set up. POP Peeper also has an icon I can simply click on to open up Outlook from there. Links to POP Peeper can be found in the email section of our Freeware DB.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright great, thanks for the screenshot. I'll walk him through that and hopefully we'll find a resolution.

Ask a Question