SOLVED email account needed to unpack zip

Reaction score
Hello.

I have just converted a BIN file to an ISO using WINbin2ISO and after completed the converted file was in a Zip so i had to unpack it which was fine until it got to 99% then a message popped up about having no email associated with the program and the need to install one. I have found this on google and on this site but regarding other things such as software .

After this, the zip just closes and there is nothing there. Why i need outlook i do not know. It seems suspect to me, as if the file has some sort of spy process and is trying to send information - The Bin file is a bunch of Samples used to produce music and it is not old, so i have no idea why anyone would convert them to BIN as opposed to ISO or just leave them as Wave files and zip them. BIN is an old file type process but this has happened twice with converting BIN and i am really confused.

What causes the message to show up normally, and what could cause it in this case?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hello.

Apparently not. I tried Deamon tools and other options to mount and burn the BIN and the converted file. During Mount and burn was the first time i got the message about the email. I had a previous BIN that had no CUE file and i had to create one myself. I have been into computing a long time, but Win 7 has sort of got me a little confused and threw me off somewhat :)
I find i am unable to extract zips / Rar's in a location within program files, but i can extract at the location they was downloaded to. That means i can not organise things how i want, but i digress .

I managed to sort the problem, but the weird thing is, the file was converted to ISO but inside a Zip, when i use win Rar i get that message but i used win Zip and it extracted fully, when i opened the folder expecting and ISO image i found a series of folders, each contained the Rex and Wave files as would expect after mount and burn. I would normally find that happening after i mount and unpack from a virtual drive but i used nothing but win Zip.

So my guess is, WinBin2Iso had converted the Bin and extracted everything as an ISO and not TO an ISO if you see what i mean? Well if anyone reading has the same issue, it seems WinBin2Iso is the one to use. It is only a few bytes, too.

Thank's for the response and the links: http://www.imgburn.com/ may prove hand in future.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Glad it's resolved and thanks for the update.

Ask a Question