DVD drive disappears after installing various drivers

Reaction score
This was a weird one. I did a clean install of RC1. I used my Dell driver CD to reinstall drivers. After installing the sound, chipset, and SATA drivers the DVD drive would disappear at the end of each installation. I rebooted and BIOS did not detect it. I had to power off at the end of each installation to get the drive back. I've copied the entire contents of the drive to the hard drive and had no problems. I installed one of the drivers from this copy on the hard drive and had no problems. This is all now working so I probably won't play too much with it but I wanted to put it out there for others to consider.

Drive identified as: TSSTcorp_DVD+-RW_TS-L633B
Also lists D200. I'm wondering if this is the firmware version.
Dell Latitide E5400

Reaction score
If the BIOS did not detect the drive at reboot, something is wrong with the drive or your motherboard, not Windows.

Reaction score
Dvd ts-l633b

Its not the Bios its the firmware of the Tsst Corp dvd T2-L633B. As soon as i installed RC1 I noticed that dvd drive not showing, however it did show when i ejected or inserted a dvd, but only for a about half a min. it will install or play dvds but as soon as it stop it will disappear about 30 secounds later. i upgraded the Bios then the dvd firmware. alas it is still the same

Reaction score
I have since done another installation. This time I installed Vista and then did an upgrade to RC1. It has not given any more problems.

Reaction score
I have since done another installation. This time I installed Vista and then did an upgrade to RC1. It has not given any more problems.
did this still DVD wont show unless i eject then only for a few seconds:(

Ask a Question