SOLVED dreaded white screen

Reaction score
just starting with W7. Everything ran well till I reset internet options to default. Now I have a white screen coming up when I minimize IE or Fox instead of opening browser page. What did I do wrong? Ican use task screen but really want the browswer page to access short cuts and a gadget I use.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
bceagle, welcome to the forum! I guess a good starting point would be, what made you reset your internet options? You stated that everything ran well, prior to resetting to default. If everything is working, why fix it? There is one thing that you can try, go to System Restore (by typing "system restore" w/o the quotes, from the Start Menu). There will be an option to restore your files, it will actually suggest one for you, if that time was prior to your problem, select that one. If not, you can go further back, by selecting "show me more points" (or something to that effect). Hopefully, this will be of help to you, as I don't know of any other solution, except reinstalling your system to reset everything. I do hope that System Restore will work for you, and if it does, please leave the internet settings alone afterwards. Never fix what isn't broken. Should you require further assistance with this, post back, mabye another member has an answer.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Glad to hear, bceagle! Now just enjoy using Windows 7, and leave the controls alone!:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad to hear that solved your problem - good work catilley1092 :D

I've marked this thread as solved :).

Ask a Question