Display Adapter

Reaction score
Device Manager is showing the Display Adapter as "VirtualBox Graphics Adapter" I want it to recognise my Sapphire Radeon X1650 Graphics Card so that i can install the appropriate ATI Drivers. How can I do this.
On a similar note my on - board Sound Chip has not been identified properly and again i would like to correct this and install the correct drivers.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As you are using Virtualbox, it is using virtual hardware - not your real graphics adapter or sound card, so it's not possible to use those drivers unfortunately. If you want to try and use your real hardware, you could always try a dual boot install?

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I thought this would be the case. Since I have 'installed' Windows 7 for the purpose of trying things out I can live with these restrictions. I am already dual booting XP and Vista so if I get intrigued enough I might do an upgrade install on Vista. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Nvidia updated the pre-releases this week and are working fine (on my pc).
Previously I had to use the Vista drivers to set my resolution correctly

Reaction score
Nvidia updated the pre-releases this week and are working fine (on my pc).
Previously I had to use the Vista drivers to set my resolution correctly
Its my understanding it is not the video drivers at fault it the virtualbox Did Nvidia add support for Virtualbox??

Reaction score
Hello, no ian is right! it will only appear as virtual hardware. and will not show the model, make etc

Ask a Question