Digital River windows 7 download

Reaction score
I used a Windows 7 SP1 download from Digital River and got it successfully installed on my new hard drive in my laptop a few days ago. Now when I boot the laptop it pops up with my product key being invalid and it did not say that when I was installing the software in the beginning. It accepted my original product key from my laptop. Any suggestions as to why it is doing this?

Reaction score
But you have reactivated the license? If not successful, you should contact the manufacturer (or Microsoft) of your laptop.

Reaction score
Are you sure you downloaded the version your key is for? Double-check it and download the matching version if necessary: Windows 7 Digital River Download Links.

If that doesn't work, and you still have the original hard drive, you may be able to transfer the license. It's not quite as simple to use the key as it was with previous versions of Windows. See here.

You also should be able to use OEM recovery media if you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Where did the key come from ? Is it on the COA ? Is it a retail key ?

Ask a Question