Different Windows 7 Home Premium versions?

Reaction score
It seems any time I attempt to discover a solution on the web the solution refers to procedures that do not apply to the Windows 7 I have installed.

Example:
How do I export my Outlook Express to G-Mail?

From the Web:
Click on File .. Export .. Address Book

The problem is my OS does not offer 'Address Book as an option.

This only one small example of differences I have discovered and consequently the web solution does not solve my question/problem.

Windows 7 version 6.1 (build 7601) Service Pack 1 (32 bit installed)
Amd Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
Memory 2 gb
Internet Express 9
all available updates installed (windows & Apps)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Outlook Express is software, it runs on top of your OS but is not part of it. "Click on File .. Export .. Address Book" would be menu choices from inside the Outlook express software. It is likely you do not even have Outlook Express because it was not included with Windows 7; it was phased out in favor of Windows Live Mail (which must be installed separately).

Reaction score
different version?

Well thanks,
I was always under the impression Outlook express was a part of Internet explorer.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Microsoft does offer Hotmail.com (which they are now transitioning to outlook.com); it is web-based mail just like gmail is web-based mail offered by Google. None of them are actually "part of Internet Explorer" nor the W7 OS though, they are merely websites dedicated to hosting email.

Ask a Question