Deleting files with VERY long file names

Reaction score
I have been having problems deleting files with too long file names. I found my AVG AntiVirus FREE has a shred file option. I right click on the file and select "Permanently shred with AVG."

Reaction score
Simply use robocopy.exe (which should be a part of the OS ):

Code:
mkdir d:\empty_dir &&  robocopy /PURGE d:\empty_dir  d:\MY_TROUBLED_FOLDER_TO_BE_DELETED

robocopy supports long names and the above command will recursively purge all contents of the directory before copying 0 files into destination

(don't forget drive letter and paths in the command)

Reaction score
my problem was unable to delete long shortcut filenames - simple solution - download 7-zip (free), launch 7 zip, go to file concerned, right click, rename, right click delete

Reaction score
Use LONG PATH TOOL, it gives good result in solving the errors in long file like deleting the file, renaming the file, copying the file, etc. Try it......

Reaction score
Long Path Tool help me a lot when i have an issue like file deleting or renaming the file. Also good to use if file name and file extension is too long.

Reaction score
A pretty good option is to use Long Path Tool, it 's good for both deleting and copying.

Reaction score
I have faced this same issue a month back and used one tool named LongPathTool.
The application was quite effective and reliable.
The software would easily help you in deleting files with long file names.
Just google "LongPathTool" in google and you will find it.
Hope my answer helps

Reaction score
Use Long Path Tool, Long Path Tool can simplify and probably end your problems in

unlocking, managing and renaming files that appear to have a long filename.

Reaction score
Long path tool was always there for me in this type of problem. I've been using it for months now and it is really helpful

Reaction score
Long PathTool is a software that will let you easily delete, copy or rename long path files.

Reaction score
Long PathTool is a software that will let you easily delete, copy or rename long path files.

Reaction score
Hi, for problems concerning path too long issues, I suggest you to try the new long path tool. This can help you with all kinds of path too long cases,

Reaction score
Long path tool was always there for me in this type of problem. I've been using it for months now and it is really helpful

Reaction score
Long Path Tool will let you easily delete, copy or rename long path files.

Reaction score
To deal with issues regarding specified path, file name, or both being too long, I would suggest you to try LongPathTool. It worked for me.

Reaction score
The long path tool utility is the ultimate solution for anyone struggling with long file paths on their computer.

Ask a Question