Compare of these two SSDs

Reaction score
Lately i learned That the best OS to run on an SSD would the Win 7.

Was trying to find more information about ssd to convince myself get one to upgrade my Lenovo X220 which notebook support a mSATA form factor. Till now i just found Intel 310 SSD and Renice 50mm mSATA support it.

So i collect some information on these two:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First look into this data i found renice 50mm mSATA has much better performance than the Intel 310.

Then compare the price:

Renice 50mm mSATA 120GB for 289$ 2.4$/GB

Intell 310 80GB for 199.99$ that is 2.5$/GB

Then it's obvious Renice 120GB mSATA price is more considerable. What's more, they offer 30/60/120GB for different users when Intel only has 40/80GB for choose.

Now I just hope some one could provide some real data when you use the Renice SSD to let me go to buy one with confident.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Personally, unless your laptop has room for two HDs, I wouldn't want to be limited to even 120GB. If you can fit 2 HDs then a 60GB SSD is ideal for the OS with your data on a conventional HD.

Based on this guys review the numbers in your chart are exaggerated and seq read/write is actually more 190/109.

Reaction score
Personally, unless your laptop has room for two HDs, I wouldn't want to be limited to even 120GB. If you can fit 2 HDs then a 60GB SSD is ideal for the OS with your data on a conventional HD.

Based on this guys review the numbers in your chart are exaggerated and seq read/write is actually more 190/109.

Hi yes i was intending to have the renice SSD as boot drive and a large capacity HDD to stock my other datas, This should be the best combination./

those data i listed above was find from Intel and renice website, i do agree that the SSD will have different performance in different condition. I also think 194.9/109.8mb/s is much faster than the intel listed one since their data on official website may be somewhat exaggerated too.

Reaction score
I do agree with you about the exaggerated data since i quoted those from Intel and Renice website. However, 194.9/109.8MB/S is still much faster than the intel 80GB one, and intel's data should not be the realistic too. SSD also have different performance on different condition,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Intel will beat the other SSD, hands down. Better controller, better NAND, etc.

Reaction score
Intel will beat the other SSD, hands down. Better controller, better NAND, etc.

Intel use their own controller, Renice has sandforce 1222 on their mSATA.
Do you think intel controller is better than sandforce?
Yesterday i just found there's a Top 20 SSD manufacture ranking on StorageSearch.

Sandforce ranked No. 3 but intell No.9, This ranking should be trustful.

And please find the data i listed above it shows clearly both Intel and Renice use same Micron NAND Flash, No difference there,

We just need to consider their speed, price, and reliability.
I was told by the service on b2cit that Renice have 2 years Wanrranty for their MLC SSD and 3 years for SLC.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Intel makes their own NAND flash, see this comment from Benchmark Reviews dot Com:

The key ingredient on Intel's SSD 320 Series is the 25nm MLC NAND flash, which is also produced in-house by Intel. Each of the twenty NAND modules is marked 29F16B08CCME1, which references their IC part number requiring 2.7-3.6V for normal operation. Intel specifies the 320 Series solid state drive to produce sequential reads up to 270 MB/s, with 4 KB operations reaching 60,000 combined IOPS.
Benchmark just did a review on the Intel 320 SSD. It scores an 8.8 out of 10 in that review. The OCZ Vertex 2 is a better faster drive though according to the scores shown.

The Intel 320 series does have a very good warranty at 5 years though!
This warranty information is intended for the Intel® Solid-State Drives (SSD). The SSD warranty is dependent upon the type of SSD purchased. Links to specific warranty information are provided below:
Warranty details for the Intel® Solid-State Drive 320 Series - 5-year limited warranty
The Crucial m4 gets good reviews too.

Reaction score
Intel use IMFT Flash on their 310 SSD

What does IMFT stand for?
Micron and Intel have a joint venture, IMFT, that produces NAND Flash for both companies as well as their customers. Micron gets 51% of IMFT production for its own use and resale, while Intel gets the remaining 49%.

their flash also made by Micron.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am thinking of get a mSATA SSD which have mini PCI-E form factor, Intel 320 and Crucial m4 are both 2.5" SATA, Do you think this will work on my X220?

Reaction score
As far as i know , ssd with sandfroce controller under win7 OS will have trim fuction , So Renice does. how about intel?

thanks

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
My advice is get a good drive that's been around a while and gets good reviews. With SSD hardware you don't want to push the envelope too far.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was contacted by the service on B2CIT that they have launched a Sales Promotion during 20th -30th June. 120GB Renice mSATA Promotion price is 249.9$ with a mSATA to SATA adaptor for free! I am so excited to share with you about this wonderful deal.

Reaction score
Today i found a very nice Review about renice x3 mSATA ssd/

share with your guys, they have a very detail comparison.

Renice shows very great performance.

Review

Reaction score
What is this used for?

Hey guys.

I have just recieved my order of 120gb mSATA from B2CIT. 4 days shipping is amazing quick.

I found there comes with a Adaptor in the package, as picture show,

What is that used for? I bought this ssd to upgrade my X220.

Thanks!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You can slip your SSD into the middle of that card and then screw the whole thing into a 3.5 inch HD slot and attach standard SATA cable and power to it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Since you have a laptop you probably have a 2.5 inch slot so you wouldn't be using the adapter.

Ask a Question