Check American sites for 64bit Programs and Drivers

Reaction score
Epson V700 Scanner
4 goes at installing this.. yes and 3 uninstalls including cleaning the registry!! downloaded the 64bit suites from EpsonAust.3x64bit and one at 32 bit available..total frustration:mad:, then I remembered that some years ago looking on Canon Aust. site nooo 64bit drivers available but they were all on the American site!!?? The same thing with Epson..downloaded all the files 64bit (4) from the American site installed OK everything now works.. Problem was that this scanner has 2 programs one for photos and copies to file and one for document copies to print and it was the print one that was all the trouble..Hope this will help someone else:)

Reaction score
>>>downloaded all the files 64bit (4)

Which files did you download?

I am having the same problem with my Workforce 610 all in one.
Worst part is I just purchased this thing a couple of weeks ago.
As long as Windows 7 64 bit has been out, one would think that Epson would have this issue resolved. Instead of fixing the problem, tech support prefers the: head in the sand, everyone is stupid routine.

Can I say more?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score

As long as Windows 7 64 bit has been out, one would think that Epson would have this issue resolved. Instead of fixing the problem, tech support prefers the: head in the sand, everyone is stupid routine.

Can I say more?
Can you return the product for a refund or exchange to one that suits your needs? Usually there is some sort of satisfaction guarantee when you make purchases with a reputable company. Too, if you purchased with a credit card, there are some consumer protection measures in place. Being that the device is two weeks old, you may be able to get a refund or replacement.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

Can I say more?
The drivers appear to be located on this page:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...=63084540&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

The one you want depends on how you access the printer. If it's via Wifi, then use the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package - Network" one. If it's via USB use the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" one. :)

Reaction score
Can you return the product for a refund or exchange to one that suits your needs? Usually there is some sort of satisfaction guarantee when you make purchases with a reputable company. Too, if you purchased with a credit card, there are some consumer protection measures in place. Being that the device is two weeks old, you may be able to get a refund or replacement.
There is nothing wrong with the hardware. Just the lousy software.
I sent Epson a snail mail today. Tech Support blames the problem on the user, and wont' look at the code.

I installed the exact same software within VM XP mode and it installed without errors. The program works as well. This is a compatibility issue with Win7. I also looked at the program details and found that the setup.exe file was last updated in 2008, long before Windows 7 was released.

I can scan an image into MS Paint, but I cannot use Epson Scan from Win 7. It's a software issue, not a hardware issue.

When I test for the scanner using Devices and Printers - right click scanner properties, Windows 7 sees the scanner just fine.
When I make that same test using Epson Scan properties, Epson Scan Properties fails to communicate with the scanner.

So as you can see, there is no real reason to take the product back, Epson needs to debug both the setup.exe for epson scan as well as the epson scan software.

Reaction score
Been there done that.

The drivers appear to be located on this page:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...=63084540&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

The one you want depends on how you access the printer. If it's via Wifi, then use the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package - Network" one. If it's via USB use the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package" one. :)
Yes, I know where they are, and I have downloaded and tried three different versions. All three versions have the exact same, setup.exe for epson scan. They were modified one day after the setup.exe on the CD that came with the Workforce 610. They will work in VM XP Mode, but not in Win7 64. And from what I've seen on the net, they won't work for Win7 32 either.

This appears to be a case of programmer laziness, or one who does not having access Win7 and therefore cannot fix the problem.
I expect that the four page letter I dropped in the mail box today will have some affect. It goes with pictures and everything.

Why pictures?
Well, from the way they ignored what I emailed them, I have no choice but to figure that the people over at Epson Tech Support, are unable able to read. So I included pictures in the letter to look at for those who can't read.

Aren't I a nice guy?

=;-)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, I know where they are, and I have downloaded and tried three different versions. All three versions have the exact same, setup.exe for epson scan. They were modified one day after the setup.exe on the CD that came with the Workforce 610. They will work in VM XP Mode, but not in Win7 64. And from what I've seen on the net, they won't work for Win7 32 either.

This appears to be a case of programmer laziness, or one who does not having access Win7 and therefore cannot fix the problem.
I expect that the four page letter I dropped in the mail box today will have some affect. It goes with pictures and everything.

Why pictures?
Well, from the way they ignored what I emailed them, I have no choice but to figure that the people over at Epson Tech Support, are unable able to read. So I included pictures in the letter to look at for those who can't read.

Aren't I a nice guy?

=;-)
Sometimes that's what you have to do, I personally believe many emails to customer service ends up being deleted without responding to the customer. It has happened to me several times. Now, if you are inquiring about buying something, you get a return email right away. If something is wrong after the purchase, that's when you feel like you're being ignored. There's hardly a such thing as honest customer service anymore. Quantity seems to be more important than quality these days.

Reaction score
As I read my post on the file downloads I realized that I missed a couple of points.

1. All files were last edited in 2008
2. The 64 bit download, has the same detail information as the 32 bit download.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
As I read my post on the file downloads I realized that I missed a couple of points.

1. All files were last edited in 2008
2. The 64 bit download, has the same detail information as the 32 bit download.
If the files were last edited in 2008, that would mean it was upgraded for Vista. Most, but not all, programs that worked in Vista will work in Windows 7. It looks like yours is the exception. I had to run my printer within a VM at one time myself, but after two months I finally found a driver to work. VM's do make good solutions for running printers and other programs that won't work in 7, but you shouldn't have to run a new purchase that way. If it was meant to work on a XP or below OS, then I'd say yes, it's a terrific solution. But you should be getting some serious customer support on this issue. You need to ride their butts until you get your issue resolved.

Ask a Question