CD/DVD drive not displaying

Reaction score
Hey does anyone else have a problem with their DVD drive not displaying after putting a DVD or CD in the drive and Can I get some help for it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does it display ok before you insert the CD? It might be you don't have the drivers installed for your drive controller. Are there any question marks in device manager?

Reaction score
well if i restart the pc it shows up for a few mins however this is only the case if there is already a dvd inserted when i restart...if i remove the dvd from the device then it disappears, i know that win 7 has that ability....but its when i insert a disk again..it doesn't show up at all, I know that the device is working because I can hear the disk spinning but I don't see it in My Comp.

in device manager the CD rom option disappears

Reaction score
i seem to have fixed it...I updated its firmware to a later version and i got a message in win 7 saying that the hardware installed successfully....

if any1 else has an optiarc DVD AD5540A device then here is the firm ware link
http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-5540A/

download binflash from their website and follow the flashing tutorial they have...

Ask a Question