CCC/Display Drivers Issue

Reaction score
I am currently running Windows 7 - 64Bit with a 2.9 gig processor, 4 gigs of ram and a Radeon HD 5750 graphics card. I recently had need to do a full/clean reinstall of Windows, but now I can not get CCC or the Display Drivers to properly install. Either the Catalyst Install Manager just closes on its own, mid-installation, it "gets through" the installation and tells me that my Windows version doesn't support that action (I know I have 64 bit drivers downloaded, and am running 64 Bit Windows) and my installation failed, or if I try installing from command prompt, I get the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am about at my wits end with these drivers. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
It may also be worthwhile running Driver Sweeper. I'm thinking if your CCC installs have failed, they may have dropped a file into the system already which would not be helping your issue.

Reaction score
If your computer is a laptop, the drivers wont work. amd doesnt support any laptops. you will have to go to the manufacture for CCC. Or you can go in device manager and have windows search for new driver.
Thats what i had to do, but the driver doesnt support hd video playing any more.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I would like to point out here that the first thing a user should do after installing the operating system is tp install the motherboard chipset drivers and any related Rapid Storage Technology drivers (usually only Intel boards). DO NOT install AV software or anything else! As a matter of fact, it best to not even connect to the internet until all basic drivers have been installed.

Then install graphics card drivers, LAN and wireless LAN drivers, audio drivers, etc.

Ask a Question