An error has occurred, Not all of the features were succcessfully changed.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit - there are a few of Windows features that I am trying to turn off in ‘Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features on or off.’ I keep getting the message: "An error has occurred, Not all of the features were successfully changed." I would like to turn off Games and Windows Gadget Platform.

I have tried doing this one thing at a time with no results and the same message.

I have run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r . as suggested in the Windows 7 forums - no errors or corrupt files were found.

What could possibly be the problem? Any comments, ideas or advice are welcome.

Thank You,

Mike

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Since you tried SFC, I would suggest you next try booting to the W7 Install DVD and from the installation menu run "system repair" to see if that helps. If you do not have a W7 Install DVD you can burn one using the W7 SP1 ISO ... be sure to get the right version to match your install.

If that doesn't work then my next guess would be you have either changed something in the registry (perhaps with GPEdit) that would prevent the changes or possibly you stopped a service it needs. For me anyway, such problems are usually easiest fixed by backing everything up then reinstalling W7 and my programs and restoring the data. Then I re"tweak" everything.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it is System Repair that would be fine but if it is "system restore" then that will likely set your computer back to factory settings.

My second, most drastic idea in the second paragraph above is when you would actually want to reset your computer to factory. If you are at the second stage I mentioned above where you reinstall everything then, be sure to back up all your data and settings to an external drive before running system restore.

Ask a Question