Can't upload anything!

Reaction score
Just got a brand spanking new computer with Windows 7 Home 64 bit. I can't upload images or other files, can't change my profile picture on Facebook, etc. It acts like it's trying to upload, but never finishes. No errors, just hangs up. I CAN download.

I have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome. All I have loaded on this computer is AVG and Photoshop. I have also tried updating Flash.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to check? I'm at a complete loss. I don't really like Windows 7 much and this has really made me hate it even more!

Thank you,
Tracy

Reaction score
Hi dranet - Welcome to w7forums

Is Facebook the only place you are having troubles? It could be an issue with Facebook. I have seen issues of this type before with Facebook. Just the other day I noticed that the photo album thumbnails would not show correctly. If you clicked on the blank square the photo would load but you couldn't tell what the photo was from the thumbnail because they never loaded.

I'm not happy about seeing you use AVG, I do hope AVG is not the problem. AVG is probably a better application now than it was two years ago though. Two years ago there was allot of problems between AVG and Windows 7.
Have you checked for security settings in AVG that could be blocking your uploads?
You might can try disabling AVG for a minute or two and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying! The problem is anywhere - I've tried attaching in Yahoo Mail, plus one of my scrapbooking sites, Photobucket, and a couple of others. The problem started before I loaded AVG but I'll double check the settings. I just switched from an XP machine and AVG was fine. I wasn't aware of any problems.

The computer came with Trend Micro (trial). Are you familiar with it? What free or low cost anti virus should I use?

Thanks again!
Tracy

Reaction score
We have a few apps listed in our Free Software Database.

I'm not personally familiar with Trend Micro.

There could be an issue with the network adapter drivers, you could try reinstalling them.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The issue is not with the computer operating system, it's the AV software more than likely.

You have to go in and configure most AV or IS software to allow uploads if they're blocking them.

If you still have Trend Micro on there, then uninstall it and try disabling AVG.

It may also be the way you have your browser configured. If you can't upload anything at all it may be something that was configured at the computer maker's factory.

Again your problem has nothing to do with Windows 7 at all. It's something else that is doing it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
More specifically, it is likely your firewall. If it has the option to set it to learn you can turn that on and try uploading and grant permission to the ports it needs.

Ask a Question