Can't get GTAIV working in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone here got GTAIV working within Windows 7? I installed it using Windows Vista compatibility mode, but the game doesn't launch when I try :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll need to make the game files run in compatibility mode too, and there's quite a few (as there's the Rockstar Games console). Go to:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV

and make the following files run in Vista compatibility mode:

LaunchGTAIV.exe
GTAIV.exe

And also C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Rockstar Games Social Club\RGSCLauncher.exe

Reaction score
Thank you, that seems to have solved the problem and I can launch the game now. It still seems very buggy though, as I've had 2 crashes since I tried this last night.

Reaction score
I had problems too. Chose Vista SP2 rather than just Vista as compat mode and it seemed to work. :)

Reaction score
Hey guys I found your thread on google and thought i'd contribute. I got mine working before I kept getting SecULauncher Failed to Start App [2000] so I used some of your guys help and my own.

1. Install GTAIV

2. Updated it to the latest GTAIV Update.

3. Install Games For Windows

4. Set your LaunchGTAIV, and go to RGSC>SocialClub.exe>, and the last one GTAIV.exe make sure you run them in Combatibillity mode for Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)

5. By then it should pop up working.

Reaction score
I have had no problems with GTA IV in W7 it installed I updated and works fine. I did however have problems in Windows XP.....:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this thread is no longer relevant as it was created Feb 2009. Windows 7 was still in beta during that time. I'm sure there has been many changes since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question