SOLVED Can I upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You're Welcome! Anytime... if you need additional assistance then don't hesitate to let us know and you can send me a PM.

Nibs

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Did you go to the Toshiba website?

What is the full model number for your laptop? How old is it?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I would use the UK site if you're in the UK.

Really it doesn't matter because both sites have the same drivers listed.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
So if I downloaded a good quality film, could I watch it with no problems ?
My desktop came with 7 Home Premium (64 bit) with 2GB RAM. Although it ran fine for basic computing functions, web browsing, emailing, and so on, when it came to watching videos, or running virtual machines, the computer acted as though it were a Dodge Ram with a small Toyota truck engine in it.

I upgraded it to 4GB RAM (from Crucial), and now I have no problem with videos, or running virtual machines (VM's), which a 64 bit computer with 2GB RAM was not meant to do. I feel that once you upgrade your RAM, you'll be a happy camper.

Cat

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone who gave me advise about mt upgrading to Professional 64! I have now installed it and installed all the drivers too and it runs like a dream! I can still watch movies which is a bonus! I am a very happy man!

Thankyou very much again to all!

Andrewsean85

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone who gave me advise about mt upgrading to Professional 64! I have now installed it and installed all the drivers too and it runs like a dream! I can still watch movies which is a bonus! I am a very happy man!

Thankyou very much again to all!

Andrewsean85
Good Deal! Glad you got it working! Now after all that... it really wasn't that difficult to do now was it. ;)

After you've done a few dozen (at least over a two hundred) installs of 98SE, XP, XP Pro, (both x86 and x64), and Windows 7 (x86 and x64) as I have; then it'll be like rolling off a log! :D

Pretty soon you'll be able to say: "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!" :bebored:

Reaction score
Good Deal! Glad you got it working! Now after all that... it really wasn't that difficult to do now was it. ;)

After you've done a few dozen (at least over a two hundred) installs of 98SE, XP, XP Pro, (both x86 and x64), and Windows 7 (x86 and x64) as I have; then it'll be like rolling off a log! :D

Pretty soon you'll be able to say: "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!" :bebored:
Indeed my friend, indeed! It actually was very simple :eek:
Thankyou again! :beer:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
:party:
Well done. All the worry wasn't really worth it, but, always best to ask first.

And you've even updated your Computer Specs! :elefant:

Reaction score
Windows 7 Compatibility Center offers a lot of help

Hi Andrewsean85,

Allow me to step in and offer an additional answer. :)

On Microsoft's website, there's a Windows 7 Compatibility Center where you can search on the name of your software or hardware for compatibility, download the Upgrade Advisor (which scans your machine for compatibility issues), or find updated drivers that address compatibility issues. The site is at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/.

If you don't find your app/hardware on the first try or you need more help, there's a Compatibility Center FAQ at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/faq.aspx.

I hope this provides more information for your question :)

Ahmad AA

Reaction score
That Upgrade Advisor is so wrong in many instances. I can't even begin to tell you how many people I've helped that claimed their NVIDIA 8800 or similar was not compatible, and similar instances.

I recommend never to use that at all, to be honest. It's misleading and plain out incorrect in most cases.

And drivers are best acquired through the manufacturers' sites.

And as a side note, w7pro was banned by the other forum I mod at by the site owner, for spamming type posts after being warned. He is a paid poster and that kind of thing isn't so cool:

http://windows7forums.com/member.php?u=39100

The reason this isn't cool is because the posts always seem to show up when uncalled for, when there has been previous success.

Ask a Question