Can a all-in-one be converted into a regular PC

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to upgrade a particular component on here (video card), but can't due to space & power (notebook type PSU).

Nibs once offered a suggestion, to put the parts in a mid sized tower, and go from there. While this can probably be done, I have a concern. Will I be able to convert my current PSU into a regular desktop one?

And if I could do this, can I add a 1GB video card from Newegg? They had one on sale (I believe a GDDR5 type) that would be a killer one.

Or am I looking at a new MOBO to accomplish this? If so, it may not be worth the effort, as this would be more of a cash outlay than I can afford.

My current MOBO is the HP Capirona (MS214 all-in-one PC).
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01815036&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_us/c01815036/loc:4&lc=en&dlc=&cc=us&lang=&product=4025591

Cat

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
If this sounds mean I'm sorry but where are the slots to add the video card. I didn't see any in picture correct me if I'm wrong

Ad

Advertisements

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
VIP Member
Reaction score
No, that's OK. The desktop was built from surplus notebook parts, that's probably why you don't see a connector.

Probably my best course of action would be to buy a DIY kit from Newegg, as soon as I can gather some cash. For the money that this one cost, I could be running one of those six core AMD CPU's with a decent video card (they had a Sapphire GDDR5 on sale today) Those are fast cards.

Thanks,
Cat

Ask a Question