BSODS need help

Reaction score
So, i dunno, can we solve it, but i have 2 more problems. Firstly when i synchronize my iPhone than pull usb my display becomes black with "no signal" plate. Its happens only with iPhone, so i think its iTunes problem, but maybe mine.. And secondly when i play source-based games like counter-strike source, team fortress 2, my pc suddenly reboot when i playing it. It never happend with cod:bo and i think its source engine bug, but maybe mine. I made ticket in steam with description of my problem but they didn't answer me.

Reaction score
And secondly when i play source-based games like counter-strike source, team fortress 2, my pc suddenly reboot when i playing it. It never happend with cod:bo and i think its source engine bug, but maybe mine.

I think yours for sure, the power supply might be the problem, not sufficient or out of order.

Clear your C:\Windows\Minidump, ensure it's empty. Then if you collect a few crash dumps, zip and attach them.

Reaction score
I think yours for sure, the power supply might be the problem, not sufficient or out of order.

Clear your C:\Windows\Minidump, ensure it's empty. Then if you collect a few crash dumps, zip and attach them.
Last minidump that i attached in 1 post, i clear this folder. Power supply... it will never before December 2010, hmm, i bought new mouse in this time, razer deathadder, but didnt installed razer drivers, btw i played now for 4 hours and pc didnt reboot. Weird.

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday i tried play Crysis but my PC going reboot in 5min playing =/ So now i think its totaly my problem. I tried to set bios to default, but it doesnt helped =/ I use 6GB of ram more than 1 year and now smth happend :( With 4Gb - i got this, i didn't try to set 2x1Gb memory sticks, cos i have 64bit system and it's little. I dont want to buy new sticks, so what i can do to solve problem?

Reaction score
****! Today i played Crysis for 1 hour or more and than my PC shutdown and now doesn't boot! When i click boot button on front panel i only listen "PSSSSSCHHHH" sound i think from AC and 6 bulbs light near memory stick with colours green,green,yellow,yellow,red,red. And nothing more happend :( I tried put memory sticks in different slots, i tried to boot pc without memory - nothing help me :( help me please

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Sounds like it may be the power supply. Does it smell like anything burned? (burned plastic smell)

Reaction score
Not burning, somethink like hiss, i now make out pc, on AC many salt or somethink white like salt, i dunno is it normal, but AC have power, i test it with tester and bulb light

Reaction score
When i boot PC processor is not heated, but on the motherboard lit bulbs and no bulging capacitors, so i think smth wrong with my processor :( Crap new one same as mine cost 173$ and no new M/b same i have in local stores :(

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
You may be right but processors don't usually go bad. The fan maybe stopped and caused it to overheat.

Quick check @ Newegg shows your processor is 169.00 or you you could get the Q8400 for the same price or Q8300 for 149.00.

You may want to spend the $ at a repair shop. It may not cost much to pin down the exact cause. That white substance doesn't sound good.

Reaction score
Ah, no, i tested processor on my friend's PC and it's work. Its mean smth with motherboard, should i bought new or maybe I can do something with it? I dont see in local stores same MB, i can just bought any other with LGA775 Socket?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Almost all. Just check a little deeper into the specs to make sure Core2Duo is supported.

You will probably have to reinstall Windows too.

Reaction score
Tomorrow i'm going to buy M/B, should i test smth after gather computer? I'm firstly changing M/B by myself, maybe i should do smth, dunno.

Reaction score
I dont know why my MB died, so should i test/do something to new MB will not dead?

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I can't think of a way to test it unless you have a testing bench set up. Just install it carefully, make your connections and power up. If it's dead you should return it to the store.

Make sure you clean the old thermal grease off the processor and heatsink fan and apply fresh good quality new compound to it.

Good luck

Ask a Question