SOLVED bsods almost every day for a long long time

Shintaro

Reaction score
Cool, If you think everything is ok, please mark the thread as Solved.

Reaction score
I hit the mark thead as solved button but nothing seems to happen. :)

Reaction score
Shintaro i had another blue screen today. Is it the graphics card again? This happened after i tried to open an mkv file with windows media player but i also had a wave file opened with media player classic.
Thanks

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

The best way to tackle this would be to turn Driver Verifier on (Instructions Below) and then let it crash.

If it is still the video card driver crashing then start trying older drivers.

Driver verifier

The Driver Verifier tool that is included in every version of Windows since Windows 2000 it is used to detect and troubleshoot many driver issues that are known to cause system corruption, failures, or other unpredictable behavior.

***FIRST: Please backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Windows 7 Startup Repair feature.)
  1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select:
    ---- Special Pool
    ---- Pool Tracking
    ---- Force IRQL Checking
    ----Deadlock Detection
    ---- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
    ---- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
    ---- Miscellaneous Checks

5. Click "Next"
  6. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  7. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  8. Select "Finish" on the next page.
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

How Long should I wait for a crash?

- If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

How do I turn Driver Verifier off?!

- Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page.

- Or press the Windows Key + R, and type in "verifier /reset" (Without the quotes)

- Then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post. then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

I can't get in to Windows, what do I do?

- If Windows will not start and get to a login screen or desktop, because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.

- If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

How do I put the crash dump files in a Zip file?

Instructions on putting files in a Zip file and extracting (Taking them out) again are explained HERE.

Reaction score
Hi Shintaro. I set the verifier the moment you sent me your last post but ever since i didnt had any bsod. Should i stop it? Is there a report that i can upload for you to see?
Thanks

Shintaro

Reaction score
Give it another couple of days.
Try to replicate what you were doing last time that made it crash.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If nothing happens in the next couple of days then mark the the thread as Solved.

If at some other time (beyond the next couple of days) you get a crash, enable Driver Verifier and try to replicate what you were doing to make the computer crash. Then start a new thread and upload ALL crash dump files.

Reaction score
There was something weird today. My pc out of nowhere just turned off by itself. No shutting down, no bsod just shut off like unplugging the power cable shut off. It did this 3 times in the next 10 minutes. Every wire is connected, especially the power cord.
I've checked the power and it only draws 330 watt at max. I dont know if its connected with my problem as it was just something like a mini power failure of the whole power grid.

Shintaro

Reaction score
What about over-heating?
Are all the fans running and the water cooling system pumping water?

Reaction score
Everything seems ok. the fans are working and the pumps i feel it to pump water. ???? Back to the problems again. I swear to you i got tired of fixing things on this machine. I fix one thing and 2 others come to the surface

Shintaro

Reaction score
Have a look in the event viewer.
Start key + R Type in "ventvwr"

Does it say anything? you can export the events if you want.
Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System.
Right Click on System and select "Save all events as"
Save the file as a .evtx
Zip the file and upload it to the forum.

Reaction score
All the events are old. Nothing today
I reseated all the peripherals and up to now it seems ok. It might be just that

Shintaro

Reaction score
Keep an eye on the temperatures. But also have a look in a couple of days and see if the cards have moved out of the slots.
Did you try to push them back in prior to re-seating them, to see if they had become un-seated?

Reaction score
No i didnt see anything out of place but i did it anyways and now its ok.
I

Shintaro

Reaction score
Maybe next time have a look at the contact surfaces on the card and make sure that they are clean. If they have anything on them use an eraser to clean them.

Reaction score
Everything is clean. I lick everything in my pc from top to toe. Its not dirt or anything.
Man i am srry i am very frustrated right now. I swear one time i will take the hammer and make it a thousand pieces.
Temps are like 50 max on cpu and 66 on the gpu. Notice the gpu is an r9 290 which normaly it goes 95 degrees at 5 minutes of work. Thats how it was designed and mine is working at max 66 and 60 for the vrm sections.
The only temp that is out of place is a weird temp showing as AUX TIN and that goes up to 100 degrees. But some forums here and there are saying this is false reading from maybe an unused motherboard sensor and should not cause any concerns.
I have 8 fans inside all working with a 6 x 30w fan controller.
The only thing that i havent changed is my case and my internet provider.
Maybe its the case i dont know. Maybe i have untreated hot spots inside.
Either way i've stopped the verifier because my pc is very laggy with it and the next time it bsods i will give up.
Shintaro thanks for all the help. I know i was a pain in the ass

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
I understand your frustration, you have spent a lot of time and money to try and create a super system.

The best problems are the hardest ones. You learn a lot from them.

Don't give up though, I am willing to help for as long as it takes.

Are you able to upload (zip it up first) the Memory.dmp file to somewhere? It is too large to upload to the forum.

Reaction score
I've just joined this forum to give my two cents on this thread! Have you tried to loosen off your water cooler on your GPU? I have found, that if you put too much stress on the card/ gpu die it can cause no display or instability. I use a CPU water cooler on my GPU and I think this an issue I ran into.

I will introduce myself on the forum later when I get back from work :)

Ask a Question