SOLVED bsods almost every day for a long long time

Reaction score
The r9 290 or 290x cards have 2 bios and you can choose which one with a switch. In the normal 290 the 2 bios are the same but in the 290x one of the 2 gives you a small overclock.
So in bios 1 now i have whatever fw i want and the second one is the official fw which i dont intent to flash.
The first think i did shintaro was restoring any overclocks to normal settings including my gpu which i simply turned the bios switch to the backup bios.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, so if you are running the R9/290 BIOS then I suggest that you try, if you haven't already try Driver Versions, 13.4, 13.9, 13.12 and any beta.
Remember this is just to find stability.

The only other thing i can think of is replace the card under warranty.

Unless someone else has some ideas??

Reaction score
Shintaro it must be the heat and not the driver. With the case opened i didnt had any problems for 3+ days now.
Maybe one of the components of the motherboard near the card was overheating making the card to report problems...or maybe it was the ssd and was overheating because i've changed the position of the hd also but this wouldnt show errors with gpu driver probably.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
Could you do me a favor and run the logging in hwinfo for the same amount as last time.
That way I can compare the data.
Cheers.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Also, if you have the case open, that makes me think that the case fans are either not working, insufficient for the job, or spinning in the wrong direction.
Are you in summer at the moment?

Reaction score
I have zipped all logs i have of hwinfo.Number 1 is the first log i've sent you.
Yesterday i had a loose pump wire and the temps reached 96 degrees of the gpu, i saw it and reseated the wire so ignore that. Normally the temps are like 60 tops.
The fans are working and are high quality delta fans around 3000rpm spin capable except the 2 intake which are noctua. If i set the deltas to max the case will fly around.
The flow direction is ok but my case is rather peculiar one. Its like a box.
I will sent u also a photo of the case. I have the front and the rear fans exchaust and on the right side i have another 2 fans as intake. Its not the best but i cant do better with this case.
the best is for the hot air to go up but i cant do that because of the nice window it has.
Now its summer and summers here are like yours in australia, 40 degrees at shade :)
Send me your email, the attachments are too big to uplaod in the forum

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
Looking at the computer case, it's pretty, but not up to the standard of your equipment.
You have a lot of fans, and I am not an expert at cooling, but I would imagine there is a air flow problem.

I sent you a PM with my email.

Reaction score
You are right again Shintaro, this case is pretty but at the air flow perspective doesnt say much, even though its the haf series of coolermaster (high air flow). The only thing that i like very very much in this case is that the motherboard sits horizontal and everything sits on top of it so every component doesnt weight like vertical oriented cases.
I will sent you all the files to your email right away.

Shintaro

Reaction score
So mate,

If your satisfied that it was a heat related problem could you please mark the thread as solved.

Reaction score
I've changed the 4 fans from the front to draw air in and all the others to draw out. Now i dont get anything weird anymore (bsods or turn offs).
It looks like it was heat after all even though all monitoring programs were showing all temps to be ok.
Thanks Shintaro and kw123 for all your help.

Ask a Question