BSOD unpredictable

Reaction score
Hi,

this might be a tough one...
I get a BSOD once or twice a day. These often (bot not necessarily) happen during times when CPU is more stressed, but I can't think of anything (programme) in particular that sets it off.

I have reinstalled/update most drivers but to no avail.

Dump files in attachment...I wouldreally appreciate any ideas or tips!

Thanks!!

Attachments

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi basekiller and Welcome to the Forum.

Can you please download and install CPU-Z. I know the experts will most likely want you to take screenshots/snips of the Memory and SPD tabs and attach them to a post.

BTW Nice set of drivers (dates wise)!!

Reaction score
The memory settings are wrong. Enter bios setup and load setup defaults (or optimized defaults or to that effect).

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice cybercore... I'll try that but I guess I won't be sure if it works or not until I haven't had a blue screen for a few days or so...

Appreciate the help!!

Reaction score
So far so good!
I didn't really have specific memory seetings in Bios so I set everything to default - I hadn't changed anything in it before either though.

Anyway, I haven't used the machine much over the weekend, but I'll be sure to post back in a few days!

So far so good?

Reaction score
Still had problems... reinstalled OS and has been working fine for a few days now...
Anyways, thanks for you help here guys!

Reaction score
So far so good!
I didn't really have specific memory seetings in Bios so I set everything to default - I hadn't changed anything in it before either though.
Yes, default settings almost always work.

Ask a Question