BSOD pci.sys+900a

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this please. Occurs at random intervals, sometimes never occurs sometimes 3 or 4 a day.

Minidump file attached.

Running Windows 7 64 on an HP Pavilion G6 laptop 2 years old.

Thanks

John

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
With my limited BSOD debugging experience I really don't see anything that stands out. PCI.SYS is a windows system file and is up-to-date so even though that's where the BSOD ended it is not your cause.

I would suggest you make sure your Symantec is current and then reboot to safe mode (without networking) and have it run a complete scan, just to be sure it isn't a virus.

I would also suggest you make sure you have the latest BIOS and drivers from HP. There is a BIOS update from March 18, 2013 which could quite possibly add stability. As for the HP drivers, they are all over a year old, most are two years ago, but if there are any you still haven't updated you really should.

How long have you been using the Rapport banking software? If the troubles started around the same time that Rapport was installed then see if there is an update or consider uninstalling it and see if the troubles stop.

Ask a Question