bsod help

Reaction score
have tested memory with memtest 86 all 4 seem alright did not check slots. bsod gives different message each time
trying to attaché zip file but times out before attaching

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Most of the DMPs just show the windows kernal which is basically a "catch-all" non-descriptive error but one does mention your A/V. Try uninstalling your Bitdefender A/V. Maybe try Microsoft Security Essentials for a week or so. If replacing your A/V doesn't help you can always reinstall the old one.

I always recommend a virus scan in safe mode so you might do that before uninstalling Bitdefender. See HERE.

The most common cause of BSODs is out-dated drivers or BIOS so you should also visit your computer manufacturers website and make sure you have the latest BIOS and drivers.

Reaction score
could not find the download for Download TDSSKiller and RKill or was I to do some other scan? Have a multi year plan with bitdefender

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
RKILL, TDSSKiller (see How to Disinfect for download link)

If you have a valid license then you can always reinstall Bitdefender but if it is the cause of your BSODs then it is of little value. Update your drivers and see if the problems persist; if they do then it's best to remove Bitdefender just to rule it out as the cause.

Reaction score
ran both found nothing. updating drivers noticed I had the driver for the motherboard video card installed removed it. thanks for your help we'll see how it goes

Ask a Question