BSOD help needed

Reaction score
I was running a scan with Malwarebytes and the following BSOD appeared : STOP:0x0000001A(0x000000000000403,0xFFFF68000061750,0xDD0000003F2B2867,0xFFFFF68000065652).Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000000403
BCP2: FFFFF68000061750
BCP3: DD0000003F2B2867
BCP4: FFFFF68000065652
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091410-21044-01.dmp
C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-110589-0.sysdata.xml
Couldn't find the bottom file. Neither could Windows Search or Everything.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Brkkab, with all the issues you have been having I really think you should consider a nice fresh install. It's a lot of work but it's better than trying to patch, patch, and patch again - it leaves your registry a mess and pieces of programs on your hard drive just waiting to cause more problems.

Reaction score
Sorry it tooks so long

Sorry it took so long for me to responf TrainableMan. I just finished fixing my 2 computer problems. I just did a clean install, actually 2 clean installs. It only took 36 hours minus going out to lunch with my brother. All issues are fixed and solved. The first clean install messed up my pc when I pointed Windows 7 to the partition with my personal files. Somehow all my music, documents and videos got erased off my drive. The folders were all there , but they were empty. Weird part is Downloads and Favorites survived. Weird huh, especially seeing how all of them were on the same partition. 2nd install went much better. I just lost a month worth of downloaded photos and documents. The rest I got off my Vista pc with my easy transfer cable. I just finished setting up Office 2007 and Windows Live Essentials about 20 minutes ago. Case SOLVED!!
Brkkab, with all the issues you have been having I really think you should consider a nice fresh install. It's a lot of work but it's better than trying to patch, patch, and patch again - it leaves your registry a mess and pieces of programs on your hard drive just waiting to cause more problems.

Reaction score
I just lost a month worth of downloaded photos and documents.
That's one of the reasons why I have my personal files on a separate partition/ hard drive. They make it convenient in Win7 to move the default location of documents & photos folders, etc... just right click on that folder and choose 'Properties'. You'll see a 'Location' tab where you can change the default file path to whatever you'd like.

Reaction score
They were on a seperate partition

They were on a seperate partition.When I pointed Windows 7 to them after the 1st clean install. The Folders were there. with the folders I had inside Documents, Photos and Videos, but nothing was in any of the folders. I lost 45,000 photos, numerous documents and my music. It'll take about a day to get my music cd's back on hard drive.
That's one of the reasons why I have my personal files on a separate partition/ hard drive. They make it convenient in Win7 to move the default location of documents & photos folders, etc... just right click on that folder and choose 'Properties'. You'll see a 'Location' tab where you can change the default file path to whatever you'd like.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sounds like the windows folder copied over the file you had. Any chance the folders and within them your files are sitting in the recycle bin? Or did you reformat the partition after they were gone?

Reaction score
Not there

No they're not in the Recycle Bin. Thr first thing I did was point Windows to the partition that had them (D:). I then reinstalled my software, Windows Updates and drivers. Then when I opened the folders thats when I found them empty. That led to 2nd Clean Install and using my Easy Transfer Cable to retransfer from my Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 pc to this Windows 7 Professional x64
Sounds like the windows folder copied over the file you had. Any chance the folders and within them your files are sitting in the recycle bin? Or did you reformat the partition after they were gone?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
lesson learned anyway. And maybe someone else will read this and avoid the mistake, so maybe your loss saves someone else.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Clean install to the rescue! I'll bang my drum again on the importance and value of having an image program as a must. The only precaution with them is to make sure, (see above!!) that you have a frequent backup schedule for you private stuff.to a separate HD/partition.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I learned this same lesson the hard way about 7 years ago. That's when I bought my first external hard drive and I haven't had any issues since.

1. Good backup imaging program such as Acronis True Image Home or Macrium Reflect Free.

2. At least one external hard drive and one extra internal hard drive beside the main hard drive. A LOT OF F.U.B.A.R. can be alleviated doing it this way.

3. Storing all photos, documents, video, music, audio, PDF, and other sundry files on those extra drives not the main drive.

Ask a Question