I am running:

intel i5-2500k
ASrock p67 pro3 Motherboard
2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
Sapphire AMD radeon 6870
ASUS Monitor
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB Hard drive

Notes:

-This is a completely new build, HDD hasn't been used, all components are new.
Only things I have installed are the drivers directly from the ASrock Motherboard CD that comes with the Mobo and the AMD radeon driver that came with the GPU.

-I also have microsoft security essentials installed

Problem:

I get the BSOD 0x0000003B and also got 0x00000007e once (while trying to install a video game).

I've been getting it since I first loaded windows. I tried a fresh install because maybe something went wrong with installation?? but that didn't work.

So far, from research on this forum and online, I've seen that it could be RAM, graphic driver, system files corruped (although since I did a fresh install of windows wouldn't this be out of the question) and hard disk corruptions (did a dskchk before fresh reinstall, but don't think I got any problems).

I've even seen someone comment that changing their monitor fixed the issue.

What should I do? anyone?

EDIT 1: I noticed on the ASrock website : http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=P67 Pro3

I can't seem to find my model of RAM which is F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL under compatible memory

I see F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL listed as compatible, which seems pretty much the same, but I am not sure if it is just the same thing just differently named as the the only difference is the RL from mine and XL from the asrock site

EDIT 2:

Concerning my RAM, I notice that if I use only ONE stick of RAM in any slot, I get no BSODS (I've been installing, playing games, watching vids, etc for hours now haven't gotten any). If I use TWO sticks of RAM in any order I get BSODS. However I can use one stick of EITHER RAM and it works fine. So, I don't see how either sticks themselves can be bad as either one works when used singularly.

Could this have to do with my settings in the BIOS? Any ideas?

EDIT 3:
So, I got another bsod 0x3B today, it was almost a whole day since i got my last one, but alas i did indeed get it. I have been running it with the 1 x 4 GB ram that i *thought* was the solution to my BSOD previously, but it turns out that it still happens just a lot less frequent. whereas previously with 2 sticks of RAM i got BSOD every 10-20 minutes, now I get it mabye once a couple of days. the new minidump i will upload as DMP2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also, I can't upload individual dmp files? do i HAVE to zip it...it says i need administrator permission

when i try to zip it (send to > compressed folder) it says file not found no read permission

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is my latest DMPs that includes the DMP with 2 sticks of ram and also with 1 stick of ram (the third DMP file)

Attachments

Reaction score
Also here is my CPU-Z screen shot

Note: i only have 1 stick of RAM in atm

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry mate,
It sounds like you have it. It is certainly strange that either work by themselves but together you get a BSOD.
The only things that I can think of are:
1/ Make sure that the RAM speed is supported by the Motherboard.
2/ Set the BIOS of the Motherboard to "Safe" or some other very conservative setting, if it has it.
3/ Replace the RAM with something from the supported list.

Have you tried emailing G.Skill about the RAM? They may say "Bad luck" or they could make a suggestion. Depends on what the customer service is like.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Idk if i mentioned this, but when I use one of the DIMMS i get a BSOD a lot less frequently than if I use two. However, the other stick (the one I am currently using) hasn't given me a BSOD in over week, so I am fairly sure the problem is one of the DIMMS. That being the case, I guess I will ask for an RMA.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you were going to send the RAM back I would see if they would exchange it for RAM that is supported by the motherboard.

Reaction score
I am using the exact same motherboard and ram and I am having the same issues as you. Just wondering if the issue was resolved with supported memory or otherwise. My memory sticks are still under warranty from newegg so I will probably try and exchange them for a supported memory type.

Ask a Question