My computer has been experiencing bsods. im running win 7 64 bit ultimate

my system specs are
biostar ta770 a2+ se
4 gb of dd2 800
ati radeon hd 3870
phenom 9850
c-media pci audio device
156gb seagate st3160318as ata device

i have bought a new sound card and hard drive. but im still experiencing a bsod. i think its either the motherboard or processor or a driver is not up to date.

there should be an attached minidump if i did it right.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey.

Unfortunately, this is a 0x124 error. Ouch. It almost always means hardware problem.

Please see the best resource written about them from my colleague H2S04:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-2-int-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

I would personally start with updating the bios to latest.

--------

I have noticed that you have Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120 on the system. It's imperative that you uninstall whichever one you have and then use the special uninstaller/installer at the following link to remove sptd.sys:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

PowerIso is a great free, stable replacement.

---------

Since this error is rather serious, I'd definitely uninstall the ESET Firewall until it is resolved. Software like this can get in the way or actually be causing the issue seen. Best for it to be gone until everything is resolved.

---------

This Realtek network driver must be updated:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
Here is a link to the latest:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D(L)<br>RTL8168C/RTL8111DP

---------

This is a strong recommendation in relation to your error:

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename AmdLLD64.sys to AmdLLD64.sys.BAK and reboot.

-------

After doing all of these things, please let us know how it is going and/or post a new crash dump. Good luck.

Reaction score
Im still experiencing the problem. it happens sometimes after i log in into windows. it happens all the time to fear 2 during start up of the game. and happens in warcraft after several hours.

here's the minidump from the fear 2 crash

Attachments

Reaction score
Good job updating the drivers.

Have you updated your motherboard bios to the latest available?

This is why I ask (from the dump file):

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE
And a user has found success with this exact error by updating the bios. Reference:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...e/thread/82d0a1bf-f869-46ea-a14b-2b3917e828fa

Along with updating the bios, I would also update to the latest chipset drivers for the motherboard if not already.

-------

Sptd.sys is still on the system. Please remove it with the uninstaller found here:

Code:
sptd     sptd.sys     Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009
DuplexSecure - Downloads

-------

These drivers are tool old for Windows 7. I would go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and rename them to .BAK, followed by a reboot.

BS_I2cIo BS_I2cIo.sys Mon Dec 11 02:48:39 2006
BIOS64 BIOS64.sys Sat Jun 07 20:12:00 2003

Reaction score
Im still having the bsod even after the bios update. i thought i updated the bios but upon checking the flash program they weren't. the chipset drivers have the latest versions but are still older than win 7. i knew the chipset wasn't going to work right in win 7 because when i used the upgrade adviser and it told me that there wasn't a chip set update for win 7. the system had xp on it when i first built it.

here's another minidump file.

Attachments

Reaction score
Upgrade adviser = do not listen to this thing lol. It is wrong on so many levels many times, it's not funny.

You manufacturer's page has chipset drivers for the motherboard.

It's very important to get the bios updated to latest version...make sure it is.

If having done that and still errors, you would be very likely to find success by copying anything off the hard drive you need to keep to another location. Then use Killdisk to wipe the drive clean. Proceed to install Windows 7 as a clean install by booting to the DVD, after.

Reaction score
i already installed win 7 on a diffrent hard drive because a guild mate on warcraft said my hard drive speed might be too low for win 7. so i got a 7200rpm drive when i had a 5400.
it still happened. the bios are up to date i updated them before i made my last post i put in the chipset drivers it appears i was looking at the wrong mb on their site. i guess ill try the new hard drive option using killdisk to make sure to elminate all possible problems.

i went to do the killdisk thing to the other hard drive when it put up ntoskrnl.exe is corrupt or missing than put in the other hard drive to get back to windows. it came up with the same prob. so it seems to os might have been related to the prob.

Last edited:

Ask a Question