BSOD - Can't start up PC

R34

Reaction score
I keep getting BSOD's the main ones are IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION I cant get a crash dump due to not being able to start the pc, Safe mode dont work either because it says video mode not supported i think its because i changed the screen resoloution.. well ill try give as much information:

Motherboard: Unsure
CPU: AMD Phenom X2 Black Edition
GFX card: Geforce 9600GT 512MB
RAM: 2 1GB DDR2 Sticks (Used to have 3 when before all the BSOD's started happening but removed one because app it's faulty)
I think my sound and GFX drivers are updated.
But this all started happening slowly i suspect there was a virus but before i didnt have enough time to scan the computer would always crash before scan would finish so can anyone help?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
If you have access to another computer I'd download Kaspersky's CD scan thingamabob and boot your system with it in order to scan for viruses, since you think an infection could be causing this.

Reaction score
Also, if you could attach the crash files (.dmp) from C:\Windows\Minidump it would shed some light.

R34

Reaction score
Cyber.... i said i cany even open it lol but anyways i took it to a computer tech he cleaned out the viruses but now the system files are f'ed so i guess im going to have to reinstall windows am i right?

Reaction score
Cyber.... i said i cany even open it lol but anyways i took it to a computer tech he cleaned out the viruses but now the system files are f'ed so i guess im going to have to reinstall windows am i right?

That's why I say if you could attach them - try last good known configuration (system restore). Also you can copy out the dmp's with the use of Hiren's Boot CD (http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd)

Reaction score
Start PC >> F8 >> Enable low resolution video (640 × 480). Then restart in Safe mode.

If repair with 7 DVD doesn't help either, then check your RAM settings in BIOS.

Ask a Question