BSOD (ati related?)

Reaction score
Hi!

, I'm having some bsod troubles.It seems to be a common factor in all of them the starting of an application, as a game (world of warcraft) or other software as speedfan (which I installed thinking in a possible overheat problem). Maybe all of them need to interact with the graphic card and hence the dumps. In safe mode 0 bsod at the time.

Minidump.rar is attached with all the .dump files in windows/Minidump.

Thanks for your time and advice :)

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7 Forum

I hope that we can help.

The problem is indeed the ATI software

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+8e6c
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: atikmpag
IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ff3d05f
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
I suggest the following:

• Download the latest video driver for your card.
  • Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager. This will uninstall the AMD software and Drivers.
  • Reboot
  • Run the install package for your video card that you downloaded earlier, but. this time choose "Custom" and only install the video drivers.
ATI Catalyst Control Center is know to cause problems. It is best to avoid any utilities from motherboard and video card manufactures web site.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi Shintaro

Thanks for your help, done what you've suggested, we'll see if this works :)

Reaction score
Hi again.

Same issue, PC was working smooth, but in the first run I try for SW: The old Republic, I had a green, parallel lines crash (No BSOD). Reboot, run again, and a second attempt to crash, but I could use ctrl+alt+supr to minimise the game. The sound was ok, indeed I was hearing the intro, but when I clicked the game, another paralell lines (this time white ones) crash.

I'm going to uninstall everything, then use Driver Fusion, and install again. Catalyst install center (which is not the actual Catalyst) was installed, I'm going to see If i can skip it.

See ya.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you get a new crash, please upload it. It could be something else that is causing the problem.
Please just focus on the video drivers, for the moment.

Were you able to install just the video drivers and not the other Catalyst garbage?

Reaction score
If you get a new crash, please upload it. It could be something else that is causing the problem.
Please just focus on the video drivers, for the moment.

Were you able to install just the video drivers and not the other Catalyst garbage?
I think i was able, by unchecking the last tick in the picture above (sorry for being in spanish language)

Attachments

Ask a Question