BSNL broadband not working with Windows 7 on DELL laptop

Reaction score
I have purchased a DELL laptop with Windows 7 home basic preinstalled on it.
I am trying to connect to BSNl broadband from this laptop however it gives an Error code 651. The modem is Sterlite SAM 100. Can anybody help me resolving this issue?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

Error 651: The Modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error.

These connections would work just fine with Windows XP or Windows Vista PCs.
Again, you are not alone, this seems to be a known bug in Windows 7 that is being worked at. However, you can workaround this problem.

The RAS PPPoE driver file “raspppoe.sys” found under c:windowssystem32drivers folder seems to be the root cause of the problem. Fortunately, we can workaround the problem simply by renaming the original raspppoe.sys file to something like “raspppoe_orig.sys” copying a working file from a Windows Vista system.

If you do not have access to a Windows Vista system. click here to download raspppoe.sys file (unzip).

This should help!

SOURCE

Reaction score
The problem is solved

Hello everybody. Thanks for all the help you all provided.
Actualy I am now able to connect to intenet using BSNL broadband connection from my new laptop having Windows 7.
I did not replace any of the files. There is no need for it.
Just reinstall the windows. Connect the modem and restart your machine and you get connected without any error.

Reaction score
windows and its awesome users

No wonder windows is a piece of S#!t, but will with users who preffer re installing the os rather then replace a system file, microsoft and bill gates will rule this world for a long long time

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
No wonder windows is a piece of S#!t, but will with users who preffer re installing the os rather then replace a system file, microsoft and bill gates will rule this world for a long long time
First of all, watch what you state here. The Moderators get a little testy about that.

Second, you have won a One-way trip to the nearest Stargate for re-activating a thread that is nearly SEVEN MONTHS old!

Reaction score
:(

Dude! how can an good guy, a techi guy, be happy with someone who opts to reinstall an os rather than do some file change?

and, not-my-fault if i discovered that my new laptop "cannot" access internet because of a "bug", and the work-around is to replace using a system file from an older os version!

I thought life was about bringing in sys files of new versions into old version!

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Dude! how can an good guy, a techi guy, be happy with someone who opts to reinstall an os rather than do some file change?
Because for some people popping in a CD is easier than spending the afternoon learning how to mess with their system. It's their call and I can't say I care.

and, not-my-fault if i discovered that my new laptop "cannot" access internet because of a "bug", and the work-around is to replace using a system file from an older os version!
Bugs in software? Whoulda thunk!

i thought life was about bringing in sys files of new versions into old version!
Not really. Life is about eating, sleeping, working, and reproducing until it's time to lie down in a pine box. As for computing, when a new version doesn't work, you use the old version. I can't begin to tell you how much I don't care what the version number of a system component is, so long as my system does what I need it to do.

Ask a Question