SOLVED Black Screen until Windows loads

Reaction score
This is happening with my new build too. I hope it's not the mobo. I'll get in to the bios later this weekend and see what's up.
Are you having bsod at all? Make a thread and post the crashes. I'll be able to sort it out most likely.

Anyhow, check your RAM voltage. If it only happens on cold boots, they probably need more power.

Use CPU-Z to see the model number. Then visit manufacturer's site for proper voltage (VDIMM) and timings. Set bios manually and save,

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Are you having bsod at all? Make a thread and post the crashes. I'll be able to sort it out most likely.

Anyhow, check your RAM voltage. If it only happens on cold boots, they probably need more power.

Use CPU-Z to see the model number. Then visit manufacturer's site for proper voltage (VDIMM) and timings. Set bios manually and save,
No, actually the computer runs great and I don't shut down too often. Buy when I do it's like hitting restart instead of shut down. I wait and kill it from the ps switch.

It's a hardware issue because I recently installed Linux on another drive and it happens there too.

I'm looking forward to my first bsod so you can help me. :D

Thanks

Reaction score
Is it an ASUS motherboard? If so, update the ATK0110 driver in the Utility section of the downloads. And regardless, update the bios to latest too.

Reaction score
SOLVED] Black Screen until Windows loads

It worked! :) Many thanks!

So now my pc finally works :)

Had bad ram first, then a bad motherboard and then a bad monitor (the two first parts were brand new). Was a long way and I couldn't have done it without all of your advice so thank you!
I AM VERY PLEASED FOR YOU M8 well done & see we were all only trying to get you up & running,bet you have learn't heaps in doing this work now I hope you have years of trouble free surfing.Enjoy it because you deserve it.
respectfully
jeffrey

Ask a Question