Beware ! - Security Central

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Security Central is a fake Anti Virus application and a nasty one >
Security Central will constantly display very annoying security alerts about various infections and security issues. These alerts are fake too. The worst thing is that they will show up like every 1-2 minutes. It can be almost impossible to to even a regular tasks with your computer.

While running, Security Central will hijack your browser. Most of the time, you will be taken to the homepage of this parasite. The same goes with Google search results. Security Central will redirect you to various malicious websites instead of those displayed in the search results. What is more, your computer may become slower than usual because of this parasite.

Screen shot of Security Central

If you do or have become infected with Security Central I'm sure there are members here at Windows 7 Forums that can help.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
That's the very reason that no matter what, I don't download or accept free programs unless they're well known. There was a fake Security Essentials going around recently, too. You really have to be on your guard this day and time, cyber crooks are rapidly gaining ground in computing. That's why I have my security (sensitivity) jacked up to the max with my AV's, and I do a full scan with one of my trusted security programs on a daily basis.

Reaction score
To Remove Security Central Fake Anti-Virus in you Computer. Restart you Computer Safe Mode with Networking How To Restart? To get into the Windows Safe Mode with Networking computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to Safe Mode with Networking and press your Enter key. Then Download Update and Scan Use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Press This Link http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Ant…

Download and Scan By using Remove Fake Antivirus description
This application is used to remove fake Antiviruses from your computers press herehttp://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/R…

Download and Scan by Use Super Anti-spyware Press herehttp://www.superantispyware.com/

After Finish Remove Virus/Malware/Trojan Fake Anti-Virus Worm and
Rougue Spyware and
Adware
Restart You Computer To Be Normal Then
to Make sure you don't have Virus again

Download and Scan by Use Norman Malware Cleaner Press herehttp://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id…

Don't Forget to said to me Thanks if My Advice will help you.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning Veedaz.

Seriously Luckysaad, get a life and actually help people, instead of bringing back up old posts.
All your posts are the same, and are really useless. And, they're not even written in proper english.

Fire Cat

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
fire cat, improper English is a fact of life with international forums. Try to get past it and get to the focus of the post. I actually admire people who try to communicate in English when it's not their first language.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
fire cat, improper English is a fact of life with international forums. Try to get past it and get to the focus of the post. I actually admire people who try to communicate in English when it's not their first language.
Sorry about that... I totaly agree.
This member with his "copy & paste" manner got slightly on my nerves....

I apologise,
Fire Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
There are many members of this forum that are from all over the world, so sometimes the spelling may be a little off. As long as I can understand what's being discussed, that's the main thing. It's good to interact with others across the ocean, as I've met several that I keep in touch with.

Reaction score
There are a lot of fake programs out there. Its better to stick to the mainstream AV programs like Kasperksy, Avast, Nod32 etc. Giveaways and free trials may bloat your system.

Ask a Question