aver media driver

stu

Reaction score
I cant get any picture when installing aver media software.
The sound is fine but just shows a grey screen.
Any sugestions would be great

Reaction score
What Aver Media product is this for, and is it 32 or 64 bit?

stu

Reaction score
aver media

Hi, the card is a avertv go 007 fm plus. I am using 64 bit windows 7 and invidia g force 8200 built in graphics card.
All i seem to get is a perfect sound but a grey screen with a shadow of a picture.
Hope you can help or point me in the right direction if my tv card is too old.
many thanks.
Stu.

stu

Reaction score
aver media

Hi I tried that software turns out it was running the same on my computer
so I deleted mine, reinstalled it and still the same results.
Do you think my card may not be compatable with 7 ?
I also tried to tune my card to windows media centre with the same results.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest, I haven't got much experience with TV tuner hardware in Windows 7 so perhaps someone else will be able to better answer your question. Once Windows 7 is released you may find that Avermedia update the driver support, allowing it to work.

Reactions: stu
Reaction score
I own a Avermedia as well. (AVerTV Hybrid Super 007)
(M135 chip)
I had the same problem in Windows XP was able to resolve but don't remember how.... :(
And now i have that problem again with my new pc and windows 7 (64bit).

I was able to resolve it, by actually uninstaling the Avermedia software and then let the device manager re-recognize the card without reinstaling the software.
After that it works fine on Windows Media Center. No more grey image.

-------------------------------------------

My issue tough (and why i am still not with a solution)... Is that Windows Media Center despite being a very nice software, has a huge huge huge huge failure. It lacks to assume that your TV card has other inputs.

I know of the workaround "solution" is saying you have a set-top box. Frustration there is seing it making a preview of the other input (where my Nintendo Wii is connected) and me seeing it and hearing it, but being unable to conclude the setup just because Media Center is not able to detect the set-top box IR hardware (I even went as far as to buy a windows media center USB IR receiver with remote control, thinking it would resolve my problem, but it did not... says the same message despite me using the remote without problems inside the Media Center)

I try using the Chris TV. Because it lets you add S-Video as one of your channels.... But when i do that, all becomes grey image again... (argh).

Last edited:

Ask a Question