Ati Radeon 3650 in Windows 7

Reaction score
This appears to be such a good system that I"m going to upgrade it to my main PC. Asrock 4coredual-sata2 R2.0 / A great board if you want to upgrade Slowly / Intel E5200 running at 2.7ghz /2gbs DDR2 800 Ram /His Ati Radeon3650 /120 gb 80 gb hard drives running XP Pro and Xp Home edition./ This board can run ide/sata/sata2/and raid setup./And it has Vista drivers on CD. What i need to know is what Nvidia graphics cards are other people running as obviously from this Forum my Ati card will not work. Also have other people got W 7 running in sata or sata2 configuration as i do not want to go to the expense of buying a new graphics card if it will not work.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your question? The ATI 3650 will work in Windows 7, so there's no need to change it :)

You'll find a mixture of people running all sorts of SATA/RAID configs - just stick with whichever you are using at the moment and it will work with W7.

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your question? The ATI 3650 will work in Windows 7, so there's no need to change it :)

You'll find a mixture of people running all sorts of SATA/RAID configs - just stick with whichever you are using at the moment and it will work with W7.
There are quite a few people on this Forum saying that the ATI drivers do not work. Thats why i asked which Nvidia cards people are using.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm using the NVidia 8800GTS, but ATI cards will work in Windows 7 there are just some teething problems in some cases. :)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a ATI Radeon 4350 HD 512MB video card and it works great with W7. Even the BETA driver worked pretty good... i did install the newest ATI driver and have had no issues....

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a ATI Radeon 4350 HD 512MB video card and it works great with W7. Even the BETA driver worked pretty good... i did install the newest ATI driver and have had no issues....
Okay thanks I'll change over to my Asrock on the weekend.

Reaction score
Am also using an ATI 4350HD card with Windows 7 but have a completely different experience. Constant crashes and bluescreens.

Any advice on which driver I should be using? Have tried one's direct from ATI, ASUS and the default one's from Microsoft, but all give me problems.

Also can't get sound over HDMI when connecting to mySamsung TV (works via DVI though).

Seriously considering going back to XP.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i use ati redeon hd 4650 [x233h] and have not experienced any problems whatsoever. w7 seems to like it a lot... :)

Reaction score
i use ati redeon hd 4650 [x233h] and have not experienced any problems whatsoever. w7 seems to like it a lot... :)
Just wiped Windows 7 and went back to XP. However am now experiencing the same problems in XP .... :eek:

Guess its either the card or the motherboard then.....:(

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi cscnm
Constant crashes and bluescreens
Have you checked your Ram ? and with your problem are you getting Memory Dumps ?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
There are quite a few people on this Forum saying that the ATI drivers do not work. Thats why i asked which Nvidia cards people are using.
I believe that most of the problems are caused by the ATI AGP graphics cards, not the PCI-Express type. ATI has a "hotfix" available for those with these issues.

Hotfix for “No compatible hardware found” error when installing Catalyst drivers for ATI Radeon HD 4000, ATI Radeon HD 3000 and ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series AGP products

• Back
Last Updated

10/22/2009

Article Number

Symptoms:
"No compatible hardware not found" error message when attempting to install the ATI Catalyst Drivers directly from the AMD Download Home Page for the ATI Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 or ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series of AGP video cards.
All published AMD drivers have passed Microsoft's WHQL certification tests. A WHQL driver for ATI Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 or ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series of AGP products is not currently available.
Resolution:
This hotfix resolves the following issues:

• Fix for problems with DirectX and ATI Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 or ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series of AGP Graphics cards.
  • Fix for "No compatible hardware not found" error message.
To download the Catalyst AGP Hotfix, please click on the links below:

Note: This driver is provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue described above.
Applicable Products:

The issue applies to the following products:

• Graphics Cards:
    ATI Radeon™ HD4000 series of AGP productsATI Radeon™ HD3000 series of AGP productsATI Radeon™ HD2000 series of AGP products

• Operating System:

Windows Vista® 32-bit EditionWindows Vista® 64-bit EditionWindows® XP ProfessionalWindows® XP Home EditionWindows® XP Media Center EditionWindows® XP Professional x64 Edition

SOURCE

Reaction score
I rebuilt my Dell laptop and went from Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit and it picked up my Raedon 3650 and installed a suitable driver version 8.632 and it works fine. I did lots of research on the web and have come to the conclusion that this MS win7 driver is as good as the real thing.

Ask a Question