Ati hd 4770

Reaction score
OK I committed to a buy finally. The ATI HD 4770. The reviews looked good on both tigerdirect and newegg. Although it's a mid-level card I couldn't beat the deal, $94.99 and free shipping. I think it will fit nicely with my rig.

Reaction score
Hi bassfisher

Was your nVidia GeForce 8400 GS graphics not working out for you?

I think I am going to go for the Radeon HD 5750 or 5770 card for myself eventually.

Reaction score
No it's working fine. It's just too close to the 8300 series my mobo has. I just wanted to finish off my build with a better card. Something a little more high end then what I have. I'd becareful with the 5770 sseries. There are alot of horry stories out there about the drivers compatiablity with certian system setups. Mainly leaning toward the intel side of it. Then again there are others out there that haven't had not one bit of trouble at all. There is supposed to be patch being devloped.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
The Asus ATI Radeon HD 5770 CuCore 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card has a Asus design cooler (Exclusive 5.8oz Copper Rod (CuCore) Cooler) and is quite a good card :)

Reaction score
Veedaz, I would have went with that card but the specs on actual board size was about and inch to long plus it was just a little bit beyond my budget. Now that my 4771 has arrived and I have installed it, it was the right decision. Also, after installing my new card reader, the cable for it is about 1 inch too short which also factored into my decision for the 4770, the cable for the card reader lays right up to my vid card with no room for error. My WEI in graphics went from a 3.3 to a 7.2 and gaming graphics went from a 4.6 to a 7.2. It fits my case layout almost perfectly. I'm pretty happy with it.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
That sounds very good mate and glad your happy with your 4770 :top:

Reaction score
Seems strange that the 4770 will get 7.2 scores which is about the same scores as the 5970 cards. There must be a flaw in the scoring of WEI.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Seems strange that the 4770 will get 7.2 scores which is about the same scores as the 5970 cards. There must be a flaw in the scoring of WEI.
There was a member here a few days ago with two 5970 cards (Quadfire) and his graphics score was very disappointing :dontknow:

Reaction score
It's all in matching up your parts....I just sort of fell into mine...how lucky can you get. Apparently in my case very lucky....lol.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Since when does anyone pay any attention to WEI?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't pay it any mind myself. I have a 3.0 rating on a PC that's only three months old. The scores are decent except the Aero score. It looks good enough for me, so I don't care about a score. The scoring system is flawed anyway. What if when you were in school, your report card reflected the one class you was poor in? Very few would graduate, if that's how your grade was determined. I take that score with a grain of salt and go on.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I have this
and to tell the truth i cant be assed with it :)

Reaction score
bassfisher, I hope you enjoy your new card. I recently made the switch from Nvidia to ATI by purchasing an HIS Radeon 5870. I'm very happy with it -- the performance is fantastic. I will admit I ran into a few minor problems, but I've been able to find solutions, so in the end nothing is really preventing me from doing the gaming that I want to do. I also have to commend AMD/ATI for being on the ball as far as updating the drivers -- they just came out with a new release that solved an issue I was having where my monitor would not go to sleep, so it's nice to know that they seem to be aware of the difficulties their customers are experiencing.

It's not like I hate Nvidia or anything like that ... I think I just wanted to see what kind of luck I would have with a different brand. The price on the 5870, along with other factors like DirectX 11 capability and the fact that it came with DiRT 2, sealed the deal for me. I've been with Nvidia ever since I had a GeForce 2 ... although for the most part they worked fine, I had my share of problems, too. I don't know if this means that I'm always going to buy ATI video boards from now on, but at this point I think I can safely say that I at least know that I can go either way, and that other options besides Nvidia can work out just as well for me. (I bought an HP notebook last year that has an ATI 4530, and it runs older games really well.)

Ask a Question