ATI Crossfire

Reaction score
Are there any reasons why crossfire is not working on Windows7x 64bit platform.I have two Radeon HD2900 GT graphics cards linked on an Asus P7P55D motherboard which is a crossfire board, I also have down loaded the latest driver updates from ATI 9.11 version. It shows one adapter enabled and the other adapter disabled. Is there any way of enabling the other adapter. I know the boards etc are ok as they both work when installed on Windows XP.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi franglo50 welcome to Windows 7 Forums

First can you download CPU-Z it will tell you if both GPU's are enabled for crossfire, are you seeing the Crossfire X logo in the corner of your screen, and do check CCC for Crossfire enabled.

CPU-Z > http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Reaction score
Good Morning Veedaz,
Thank you for your welcome,
I am relatively new to these forums so please bare with me.I have downloaded CPU-Z and it shows two HD2900 GT Cards, but on the lower one there are no Core or Memory values showing as in the top one.
In CCC all that is shown is :- Welcome
Information Centre
Desktop Display
Desktop Properties
Display Options
3D
AVIVI Video
ATI Overdrive
no enable crossfire which it does when installed in Windows XP. Also no crossfire logo on my screen. As I said in the original post, in CCC under Information Centre - Graphics Hardware, it shows one enabled and one disabled.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks
Frank

Ask a Question