SOLVED Asus Z92K drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello to all

Did somebody know if where I can find driver for an Asus Z92K compatible with OS W7 64bit.
On Asus site are available only the drivers for Vista or XP. Some of this drivers are not good for W7. For example I try W7 64bit but the wireless card don't work. The driver installed is from Broadcom, W7 tell my is the one, but the wireless card don't work. The wireless led is off, I try to start it using Fn+F2 (the combination to on/off the wireless card) but nothing happened.
It is not a hardware problem because I run in this moment with Linux installed and all work fine.

Thanks

Reaction score
Get the Vista driver's from Asus and use those. They should work as Vista and 7 use the same architecture. Never attemp to use XP drivers on 7. Also make sure you disable yourAntivirus and Antispyware app's real-time protection during driver updating. Reboot/restart your pc after installing each driver. When all driver's are updated reenable your Antivirus/Antispyware's real-time protection.

Reaction score
I hope that you will not consider me stupid because you treat me as I am. And I tell you that with all respect that I has for a human beeing and for this forum.
First of makeing this questions on this forum I was trying all the drivers avialable on asus site with no sucsses of corse. I was searching all the Vista or XP drivers for Asus A6K, A6Km, Z92k and Z92Km.
So with all respect I kindly ask you sir to read well the topics first of writhing or makeing suposition in the same way like you do.
ALL I NEED IS WIRELESS CARD DRIVER FOR W7 64BIT FOR AN ASUS Z92K if something like this exist.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi bogdantalpa - Welcome to w7forums :)

brkkab123 was only trying to help. His post was not disrespectful. There was no way for him to know whether you installed the Vista drivers or even if they would have worked.

After looking up driver download details, the only drivers I see for wireless are XP drivers. Unless we know exactly which adapter you have, we couldn't look any where else for a driver.

Do you have access to your adapter from the bottom of your Notebook? There are ID's on the adapter that will help in identifying which card you have.

It should look something like this.

Reaction score
By all means I wasn't calling you or anyone else stupid. I was only pointing out a few thing's that alot of people out there don't know.

Reaction score
Dear brkkab123 the problem is you don't understand that I ask you to not consider all the person less prepared then they are. If you where read the topics well I will never start this discussion.
In the final I kindly ask you to never answer to my topics before you read it and understand it well, please.

Best regards,

Reaction score
Dear clifford

This is what you ask from me.
It is an Asus WL-120g card made by ASUS but the W7 64bit install the driver from Broadcom witch is very strange. I look ahead for you answer.

Best regards,

Attachments

Reaction score
I didn't see any drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7. Looks as if you will need to replace the card, if you wish to have wireless with Windows 7 64-bit.

Here is an option for you and only $19.99 - TP-LINK TL-WN861N Wireless Adapter
Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Wireless Data Rates: Up to 300Mbps
Security: 64/128/152 bit WEP, WPA/WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK,Wireless MAC Filtering, WPS
Interface: 32-bit Mini PCI
System Requirements: Windows 7(32/64bits), Windows Vista(32/64bits), Windows XP(32/64bits), Windows 2000

Reaction score
Thanks for all information that you give me but my choice is to change the OS and to not use W7 or other Microsoft product.
I will chose MAC, or Linux OS always better them Windows. Next time that I will try Windows on this notebook it will be with W8 OS (maybe)

Best regards

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
bogdantalpa - Perhaps you misunderstand. The wireless card you're talking about uses a Broadcom chipset. The chipset is what operates the wireless functions of the card. Windows 7 will automatically supply the drivers for that particular chipset. If it's not working then you need to investigate further.

brkkab123 was just being helpful, so please don't take offense at his initial post in this thread. Your response was not justified based on his post. YOU are reading more into it than what is there.

Just because it's an Asus card, does not imply it will have Asus chipsets. Asus merely makes the card and uses 3rd party parts. It that way with virtually all wireless cards, whether they're for a notebook computer or desktop.

For example, I use a TrendNet Wireless PCI adapter that has a Ralink chipset. Ralink supplies chipsets for at least 7 different wireless adapter manufacturers.

Have fun with MAC OS, you'll have to hack it to get it to work on your notebook computer. You'll even have more fun with Linux... hope you like the user-friendly GUI.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Drivers are the responsibility of the manufacturer, not Microsoft. Often companies want to sell new cards rather than spending additional money developing free drivers for outdated products. I understand your frustration but your complaint should go to ASUS or the card manufacturer rather than towards us or Microsoft.

I also have to agree with the others; there is no way Brkkab, or the rest of us, could read your mind and know what you had or had not tried. And I have to agree with Clifford; if there are no drivers for Vista or W7 then it is almost a certainty that the company will not bother developing drivers to support it in W8; they want to sell you new hardware so they make money.

Reaction score
Dear Moderator

You don't tell me anything new and like the first person before, you think that I join this forum only for having fun or for losing time. In this case I have to thanks you for the lesson of what a chipset is/do (maybe for the other person that realy don't know what is a chipset but, operate a computer), did you know somebody?

I understand that you are a MICROSOFT fan and other OS doesn't exist for you, but if you want is not necessary to install an OS on the computer for try it, it's enough to install VMWARE program and then you can try any OS you like, is more fun in this way.

Best regards,

Reaction score
To all Moderator
I don't understand why Linux can do an OS that is compatible with quite all components on my notebook and Microsoft can not?
Asus do not spend money for developing driver for old product because they need to sell the new one so it's understandable but if Microsoft want to sell a new OS to everybody as they pretend I think that from that moment on is them problem to product compatible driver.

Best regards to all

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well if you want to use it within VMWare then install an OS that drivers have been written for your hardware, like Linux, apparently, or Windows XP.

You can believe whatever you like but Microsoft isn't forcing you to upgrade and if you don't buy their current OS for your old hardware, they will still survive. When you are huge and have such a dominating presence in the OS world they can pretty much do as they please. We are well aware there are other OSes, many here likely dual boot but this site is for W7 so that's what it is about. If you don't want to, or can't, use W7 that's up to you.

There are drivers for XP for your card; if you wish to go higher up the Windows OS path then replace the card or buy a USB adapter. Sorry, that's the best we can tell you.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Linux is an "open source" derived OS. That is, all drivers and programs are written by people independent of the OS itself. That is the way Linus Torvalds intended when he initially developed the OS. So therefore it is not Linux making the drivers, it is independent code writers making drivers compatible with the Linux OS.

It is NOT Microsoft's responsibility to develop drivers for 3rd party hardware vendors, it is the vendors' responsibility. They develop the drivers and then submit them to Microsoft to be tested and approved to receive the WHQL certification and be digitally-signed. (Windows Hardware Quality Labs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question