Asus Rampage III Extreme

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Just looking at the latest from ASUS - Rampage III Extreme Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard

Spec

- 2x USB 3.0
- 2x SATA 6Gb/s
- CPU: Intel Core i7 Processors (Socket LGA1366)
- Chipset: Intel X58 Express / ICH10R
- Memory: 6x DDR3 DIMM 2200(OC) / 2133(OC) / 2000(OC) / 1800(OC) / 1600 / 1333 / 1066 MHz (Max. 24GB) / Tri-Channel / Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Expasion slots: 4x PCIe 2.0 x16 Slots, 1x PCIe x4 Slot & 1x PCI Slot (Supports ATI CrossFireX & NVIDIA 3-Way SLI Technology)
- Storage: 7x SATA 3Gb/s (RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10) & 1x eSATA 3Gb/s
- LAN: Intel Gigabit LAN
- Audio: 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Bluetooth V2.0/V2.1+EDR Card
- 9x USB 2.0
- 2x IEEE 1394a
- 1x PS/2 Keyboard
- 1x S/PDIF Out (Optical)
- Extreme Engine Digi+
- USB BIOS Flashback
- ROG Connect
- ROG Extreme OC Kit
- Extreme Tweaker
- iROG
- ProbeIt
- ASUS Q-LED
- Loadline Calibration
- Q-Fan Plus
- Extended ATX (305.0mm x 269.0mm)

Very :cool: - pre order ATM

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW!
Sweet! Thanks Veedaz!
When does it come out? I'm planning on a home built PC for my 16 birthday...
That is soo going to be in it ;)
I was thinking of using the Rampage II, but if this is coming out, bye bye Rampage II! :D

Thanks a lot Veedaz!
Fire Cat

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
You can pre order now (screen shot from OCs UK) you may find it cheeper in the US, I only use ASUS for my own builds and I will be ordering the Rampage III Extreme quite soon :)

329.99 GBP = 477.933 USD and worth it :top:

BTW if you intend going water cooled you can get this >

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
You can pre order now (screen shot from OCs UK) you may find it cheeper in the US, I only use ASUS for my own builds and I will be ordering the Rampage III Extreme quite soon :)
329.99 GBP = 477.933 USD and worth it :top:

I'm on it ;). Well.... Not quite yet actually.
Probably going to go with an Asus T3-M3N8200 casing. Nice and simple (and stylish).

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Do you have a screen shot of the case ? as I'm not familiar with it.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a screenshot of it:

Though, I'm going to do a total compatibility check before buying any of the two.

Reaction score
fire cat, that looks to small for a case that will fit the Mid-size ATX motherboard above. Is that case a Mini-ITX case that you posted? When matching cases and motherboards, keep an eye on the number of card slots that either of them support.

Mini-ITX is one card slot possibly two
Micro-ATX is no more than four
Standard-ATX is no more that seven
Extended-ATX is up to ten

While you can fit a smaller motherboard in the largest case. You must make sure the motherboard is not too large for the case.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
fire cat, that looks to small for a case that will fit the Mid-size ATX motherboard above. Is that case a Mini-ITX case that you posted? When matching cases and motherboards, keep an eye on the number of card slots that either of them support.

Mini-ITX is one card slot possibly two
Micro-ATX is no more than four
Standard-ATX is no more that seven
Extended-ATX is up to ten

While you can fit a smaller motherboard in the largest case. You must make sure the motherboard is not too large for the case.
That's what I meant by "checking for compatibility". ;)
If that one is too small, I've got some other candidates lining up!b

Reaction score
I figured you knew. :)

I just wasn't absolutely sure you knew. Good luck with your future build. :D

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hum... I've just had a look. It's micro-ATX, so out goes that case. Probably going to choose one of the other Asus Terminator series cases.

Rampage + Terminator + Loads of the other stuff = Good PC :D

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
FireCat this is the case I am using ATM and I will purchase the same for my next build as I believe I will stay with air cooling because I just don't get the time these days for intensive gaming. The Zalman GS1000 Plus Full Tower Case - Black is a brilliant case and has all the high end builder needs :)

Link > http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/Product_read.asp?Idx=310

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Very Nice Veedaz!

Kinda big for me though. As you said "for high end builders. And also, I don't think I'm going to be changing my HDD every two days, so loads of it's features would be useless...

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Once you get the building bug ... maybe no now but one day ;) and you justify spending the £ / $ by telling Wife / Girlfriend / Mum - Dad ... I NEED IT !!!!! :D ... happy building mate.

Reaction score
Yet another overpriced Asus board that will no doubt be plagued with quirky BIOS issues, poor memory support, and performance that's no better or worse than motherboards for 50% less.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I can only say for the Asus Rampage II Extreme as Im using it as I type ... no complaints / problems from first install up to today, my i7, RAM and the 5970 perform as I expect them to.

Ask a Question