SOLVED Are there ny about:config or registry tweaks for current web browser for a ssd ?

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody on the forum is aware of any about:config tweaks or any registry tweaks that are needed if you use a ssd. The only browser I've been able to find any for is Firefox 6.0. Are there any for Opera 11.50 Chrome 13.*** or Internet Explorer 9 ? ?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Nope, only Firefox. Apparently you must be talking about browser tweaks I assume.

If I hear of any I'll let you know.

Reaction score
Thanks Nib's. Yeah, I was talking about the browsers. I haven't been able to find any other than the Firefox tweak. While I've got you here. Are there any reliable one's for Windows 7, other than what tweaks WEI applies to enable trim, etc ?

Reaction score
I just explained it? It configures all the proper Windows 7 settings for an SSD. In particular detail, the application explain every setting it changes if you run it and mouse over each option. None of the settings the auto-tweak configures are in any way visible to the user, or needed on any computer--they're legacy services detrimental to an SSD.

Reaction score
Thrax, what's the difference between the free & pro versions. I ran the free version as you described. Is there any benifit of the peo version for a Vertex 3 Max IOPS hooked to sata 3 port with a sata 3 cable in Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 ? Later on I'm goona upgrade to Ultimate, but that won't be until January.

Reaction score
I've always used the free version and have been completely happy with it. The advanced version removes ads, and adds the ability to confirm that TRIM is working (which anyone can do for free from the command line). Not worth the money, unless you feel like thanking the dev.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Thrax!! :)

Not worth the money, unless you feel like thanking the dev.
That is sad, seeing how its only $12.99 for the pro version.
Why would the extras found in the pro version not be worth $12.99?

Ask a Question