Annoying Recovery Popup Message

Reaction score
I purchased 5 new identical laptops and needed to mirror all five so I took the first one, wiped the hard drive clean and then reinstalled Windows 7 Professional from a Windows 7 CD. After installing all the applications I needed and got it to the point where it was ready to clone, I created a backup image from that laptop and then ran a restore from a CD on boot up on the other laptops. This worked great except now every time I boot one of the laptops that I cloned, I get a message asking me if I want to restore my user files (see attached screen shot).

The problem is that I did not backup any user files since there were none and so I don't need to restore any. However, after clicking the cancel button, the next time I boot up, the message comes back. I'm sure that there is a Registry entry somewhere that triggers this but I can't find it. How do I stop this message from appearing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

Ask a Question