4 Annoying Problems...

Reaction score
[Dell Inspiron 560 desktop; MS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0]
---------------------------------------------
After I reinstalled WLMail2011 and upgraded to WLMail2012; and after a techy made a Windows clean install...I still get some annoying glitches. Could someone help please?:

1. No auto-complete function.

2. The undo function from the little “Undo” arrow doesn’t work!

3. There’s nothing ever in the “Junk” folders. Only the ones I send to them. How to train it to dump the spam?

4. Files in Sent and in Inbox arrive in multiple sub-files i.e.: each time there’s an answer it lands under the original name of file. How can I have it as before, one by one where sent files go to the Sent folder and not to the Inbox. Confusing!!!

Thanks ever so much for any ideas to fix these. :) Adela

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Adela, I don't know if we have any regulars currently that use Windows Live Mail, I know I don't. So you can leave this up but I'm not sure you will get a timely reply.

Reaction score
Hello TrainableMan and thanks very much for letting me know I may not get answers because most here don't use Windows Live Mail. I think you and them are wise since I had nothing but aggravation with this program even after upgrading. Do you recommend any particular email client? I don't like web based email programs. However, I searched extensively the reviews of Thunderbird (and a few others not so extensively) and they seemed to have just as many complaints about glitches....

Thanks again for your message. :) Adela

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have four web based accounts and I just use a product called POPPeeper to query them every 10 minutes. Plus I have one ISP-provided POP server account that I use with Microsoft Outlook. But Outlook is paid software that came with my purchase of Microsoft Office.

Reaction score
The techy that did my clean install of Windows 7, told me I have Outlook which probably came with the computer when I bought it but didn't remember or see it) and if you tried it, could you tell me whether it's better than others? Certainly better than the WLMail? I too have a POP server so perhaps I should try this Outlook, no? I used to have the Outlook Express which I liked very much...after I was forced to use the WLMail client.

:eek:) Adela

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Outlook Express was replaced with WLMail when Win 7 was released (or maybe it was Vista?) so that's why you can't use Outlook Express any more. But Microsoft Outlook is Microsoft's professional version and still comes with Office (or can be bought on it's own).

Open your Outlook and make sure it isn't a free 60 day trial or something like that. If it is a full version then go to File ... Add Account.

As an individual I probably wouldn't go out and buy it on it's own because as a lone application I think it is too expensive. However, Outlook is also bundled with MS Office software so in that case it is basically a free add-on. Some people may like the ability to coordinate meetings and get reminders etc that I personally have no use here at home. So in an office environment or if it comes with the entire Office package I highly recommend it but to buy it on its' own I would probably try and save some money and find an alternative.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks so much, I'll try MS Outlook. (It seems I used the wrong "smilie" in my previous post. lol!

Ask a Question