Animated Boot Screen

Reaction score
According to a german website (WinFuture) the latest build of Windows Seven has a new animated boot screen. It is some coloured balls that fly round the screen and come together to form the Windows logo.

As stupid as it sounds, I've been wanting something like this for years! Even the Windows 95 clouds screen was better than the recent ones (and that was 13 years ago, how time flies).

If you're interested, you can use Google translate to read the article:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t#

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the English translation (it's done via Google Translator so it isn't perfect!!!):

Until now comes Windows 7, Windows Vista without a true "boot" Therefore, as we see it from earlier versions of Microsoft's operating system know. In current internal builds is now but a new startup screen.

The new boot screen is the information our sources indicate that in the currently widely used internally at Microsoft Build 6954 included. Whether he is also in other recent pre-release versions that are not in the public domain, available, was not clearly understand.

The information available to us that it is a colorful, animated startup screen. This allegedly shows some colored balls or elements which can unite Windows logo. Whether this new boot screen in the final edition of Windows 7 existing, is not sure.

Microsoft also apparently wants the manufacturers of finished systems can give the boot as needed to replace or at least adapt. Depending on what the respective vendor PC with preinstalled Windows 7 comes, we will therefore probably start on different screens encounter.

This is likely part of Microsoft's strategy to create greater individuality among the OEM systems.​

That's an interesting comment about OEMs being able to customise the boot screen (i.e. Dell, Sony etc...). I hope users are able to do something similar, custom animations would be fantastic! :adore:​

Reaction score
The only boot screen I have seen for Windows Seven was a black screen (like Vista and XP) with a progress bar in the middle with blue light scorlling across with text saying "Starting Windows...".

I have not seen or heard of that article, but that would be cool too!

Reaction score
Actually, on the current versions of 7, there's still only the blue scrolling bar and "starting windows..."

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice - I look forward to seeing the animated boot screen in action!

There seems to be a new build each week, it's quite exciting (although that makes me sound quite sad ;)).

Reaction score
the video is not online anymore, but i've seen it and i can't wait to see it on my computer

Ask a Question