SOLVED Amicus 2008 Professional and Win 7 64 bit

Reaction score
Seems to have installed OK, but under preferences, the spelling check is missing. Gives an error (object reference not set to reference an object). Click ignore and shows "my Amicus mobile" information. Tiried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same result. Installed on a different 32 bit Win 7 and is correct.
Any ideas?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Guessing running it in compatibility mode or XP Mode doesn't make a diff?

Reaction score
Correct - compatability did not help

Correct - compatibility mode did not help.

I tracked where the personal autocomplete with the spell check was on the old system and manually reproduced the location and put the old files in it, but it did not help. "c:\documents and settings\username\application data\Amicus\useramicusname".

Thought it was worth a shot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
win 7 64 verses Amcius

No I have not. I can try that tomorrow. What would that accomplish?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
No I have not. I can try that tomorrow. What would that accomplish?
Amicus '07 had compatibility issues with .net 2.x which resulted in an object reference error. Supposedly those issues are fixed in 2008, but since you're getting that error it's worth a shot; although it certainly is a long one.

At the end of the day it may be that Amicus is just so incompatible with x64 that you won't get it to work without upgrading to the most recent version, or at least 2009. Most 32-bit apps work just fine in x64, but we've seen a lot of Amicus-related threads here... Amicus 2008 isn't officially supported in x64 environments.

Reaction score
no progress

Was unable to get the user off his system long enough for me to try the uninstall/ install with .net. Will try to do this sometime this weekend.

He was showing me how sometimes when he's opening files off the Windows 2003 server that there is a lag time that he did not experience on his old XP system. Also when he was moving emails around in his huge PST.

Reaction score
what worked

Downloaded the windows 7 virtual pc and xp mode. Installed that, setup in the virtual xp, made a short cut and Amicus is running fine.

Ask a Question