Amicus Attorney & Accounting

Reaction score
Amicus Attorney and Accounting appear to run fine on Win7, however when the two programs try to exchange information Amicus Attorney crashes. Amicus tech support does not support Win7 or 64 bit, both of which I am running. Fortunately, another computer geek at tech support, like myself, happened to answer my call, and she just couldn't help herself and she fixed the problem. Vista had the same problem, they gave you a batch file to run which fixed the problem, unfortunately, this very same batch file will not work without modification. I believe due to net framework being somewhat different.

Here's the code used in the batch file that fixed the issue:

%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\AAPhase1Accounting\1.0.2631.23676__94e86ec8ac26252b\AAPhase1Accounting.dll" /unregister
%systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\AAPhase1Accounting\1.0.2631.23676__94e86ec8ac26252b\AAPhase1Accounting.dll" /tlb:AAPhase1Accounting.tlb
pause

Create the batch file and run, and hopefully this will fix any problems you may have regarding this issue.

Reaction score
Amicus Attorney 7

I can't seem to get Amicus Attorney 7 to install on a new Windows 7 machine. It installs everything and then says "Rolling Back Action" and proceeds to uninstall everything.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Reaction score
Slappy, thanks! PS Great Avatar. Igor, help me with these bags "Coitanly, you take the blond, I'l take the one with the turrban. Argarg arg!" Sweet mystery of life, at last I've found you...

LDP

Reaction score
Amicus Attorney Workstation 2010 on Win 7 64-bit

I have a situation where I need to uninstall Amicus Workstation 2010 on a Windows 7 64-bit system, and then reinstall a clean copy. When try to uninstall it I get error 1001, and a message that states "Amicus Task Bar" cannot be stopped and the uninstall stops.
Any help would be appreciated,
LDP in Seattle

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
That would mean that Amicus is still working.
Try killing the task with the Task Manager, or uninstall it from safe mode.

By the way, welcome!

LDP

Reaction score
That would mean that Amicus is still working.
Try killing the task with the Task Manager, or uninstall it from safe mode.

By the way, welcome!
Task Manager does not show Amicus Workstation running, but I will try your suggestion and try to uninstall in safe mode.

Ty,

LDP

Reaction score
Unisntall Amicus

In Premium, there are two installs if you are using any MS Office products. You want to uninstall the Amicus Toolbar BEFORE you uninstall the Amicus Attorney. You can do both from the Control Panel.
There is also a cleanup utility for registry orphaned files, in case you need it. Let me know and good luck.
Thanks,
RAO

Ask a Question