SOLVED AHCI settings question for MSI 890FXA-GD70's bios help needed

Reaction score
I'm receiving the MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard I ordered from Newegg today. Both Western Digital (2 WD Caviar Black 1.0 tb. hd's-non-RAID setup) & Iomega (Professional eSATA/USB 2.0 external hd) are compatible with AHCI. Where in the bios on this motherboard do I change these drives to AHCI ?

Reaction score
Every BIOS typically has a menu dedicated to hard disk configuration, and it should be in there. However, there's a very easy way to find it:

Go through every menu until you see an option that offers AHCI, and enable it, then save and quit. There's only one. You can't mess anything up.

Reaction score
SOLVED.Wasn't sure if the way to set it up would be the same between a AM2+ and a AM3 board. Yeah. I just open Advanced I believe and click Hard Drive Settings and change it. I originall had this board setup as AHCI but it's wonky on 790GX boards. I heard it was fixed by AMD on the 890FX boards.

Ask a Question