ActiveX in IE8 in Windows 7 x64 question

Reaction score
How do you remove a ActiveX control in Windows 7 x64 that Tuneup Utilities Registry Cleaner finds issues with, but can't remove ? I've tried letting Tuneup Utilities 2010 remove it and restarting computer in both regular Windows Mode and in Safe Mode. It still repeatably shows up.

Attachments

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Registry cleaners are never a good idea.., Do you actually have any visible problems with ActiveX?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Seriously

Last edited:
Reaction score
Weird beep on shutdown

All my drivers are updated rer DriverAgent. I get a weird beep sound when Windows is looging off during Shutdown and Restarts.
Registry cleaners are never a good idea.., Do you actually have any visible problems with ActiveX?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Seriously

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
FC, I use TuneUp utilities 2010 which is a pretty decent program and offers some recommendations for speed such as disabling Aero which I don't allow or disabling menu fade in/out which I allowed, but it is not free. And I still clean my own registry with CCleaner.

How to remove ActiveX controls:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154850

You can set your own sounds to events such as logon, logoff, shut down ... go to Control Panel ... sound ... select the sounds tab ... then under Windows select the event and hit test to hear the current sound or pick from a list of available sound wavs, or use browse to find any wav file on your computer that you may want to use.

Reaction score
That's what I use

That's what I use now. I was just wondering if there wer any better programs. System Mechanic automatically deletes Restore Points. Avanquest's FixIt Utilities and System Suite Professional both screwed up my last computer at various points in time. Back in 2008 CPU Magazine had a roundup of this type of utility and the highest ranked one was called Wopti Utilities. That program was tremendous. I don't believe they sell it anymore. It was from a small company in China. TERRIFIC PRODUCT while it lasted. It covered all areas. Cleanup, Customization and Internet Tweaks for performance. It also had one feature nothing else has. It could fix or delte ActiveX controls that couldn't be salvaged.
FC, I use TuneUp utilities 2010 which is a pretty decent program and offers some recommendations for speed such as disabling Aero which I don't allow or disabling menu fade in/out which I allowed, but it is not free. And I still clean my own registry with CCleaner.

How to remove ActiveX controls:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154850

You can set your own sounds to events such as logon, logoff, shut down ... go to Control Panel ... sound ... select the sounds tab ... then under Windows select the event and hit test to hear the current sound or pick from a list of available sound wavs, or use browse to find any wav file on your computer that you may want to use.

Ask a Question