4 Windows updates keep failing

Reaction score
I recently reinstalled my OS. I ran windows update had a lot of updates and updated everything. However, 4 of the updates are failing and I can not find a reason as to why.

As you can see I am getting two error codes when trying to install these updates:

Code 80073712
Code 8024200D

I have googled these codes but have found no useful information.

Any help?

Reaction score
Windows Update error 80073712
If you receive error 80073712 when you try to install Windows Vista updates, the Windows component store is corrupt.

The System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista can correct some conditions that cause this error. To use the tool, follow these steps:
Windows Update error 8024200d
If you receive Windows Update error 8024200d, it can mean that an update did not finish downloading or installing. The System Update Readiness Tool for Windows can correct some conditions that cause this error. To use the tool, follow these steps:
Have you tried the Windows Update Readiness Tool?
This article describes the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows 7.

You may become unable to install updates from Windows Update, due to inconsistencies in file data or registry data. By installing the System Update Readiness Tool, you can resolve these inconsistencies and you will be able to install updates from Windows Update. After the System Update Readiness Tool is installed, install updates again from Windows Update.

Reaction score
I have tried the update readiness tool and it did not solve the problem. Most of the online resources that I find when searching the error code reference Vista when I am running Win 7...

Shintaro

Reaction score
If I might suggest something.
See the text in brackets (KBxxxxxx)
Do a search on the Microsoft site for it and download and do a manual install.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Try installing them one update at time. In the past, when I had issues like that I found that installing the updated singly worked best.

Ask a Question